SAK Mods! Post your pics, questions and ideas

This is as close as I get to doing any mods

C904-E770-6680-4-EBF-B6-DB-2173199341-B8.jpg

773-F30-C1-C706-4-D2-D-A975-A00-D927-F25-EE.jpg
Looks great! Love the fire starting kit!

Nice job. I wish more knives would offer this option. The extension sticking out of the bottom knife is stored on the back tool of the Wenger Grip (top knife). The Grip has a 1/4" hex hole on the end of the knife. A plastic clam shell coin purse is handy for hiking 1/4" bits around.image.jpeg

Nice job. I wish more knives would offer this option. The extension sticking out of the bottom knife is stored on the back tool of the Wenger Grip (top knife). The Grip has a 1/4" hex hole on the end of the knife. A plastic clam shell coin purse is handy for hiking 1/4" bits around.

Now I wish there is a built-in ratchet :)

91mm Spartan with OD green canvas Micarta scales, Brass liners and Darkwashed tools.
SIUFrmF.jpg
I'm sure this has been asked before, but where do you get the pivot barrels and screws that you use for these beautiful creations? I'd love to be able to take apart and reassemble a SAK without messing around with peening brass pins.

Gorgeous work!!!
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but where do you get the pivot barrels and screws that you use for these beautiful creations? I'd love to be able to take apart and reassemble a SAK without messing around with peening brass pins.
Peening the pins is pretty easy, give it a try:thumbsup: you can order metric pivots and screws for an exact fit from Denis (DE Custom Forge) on Etsy. The pivots will still have to be fitted for length and the holes in the tools may still need to be opened up very slightly, this route is expensive but less work. You can also get 1/8 pivots and 2-56 screws from alpha knife supply, USA knife maker etc and drill all the tools, this route is a lot of work and can get sketchy when drilling the back tools!

It’s safe to say I turn more small screws with SAKs than anything (honestly it’s the only reason I carry a 58mm), it’d be great if this could somehow be slid under the scales of the larger models. Pull it out, turn it around, and re-insert it for leverage.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Peening the pins is pretty easy, give it a try:thumbsup: you can order metric pivots and screws for an exact fit from Denis (DE Custom Forge) on Etsy. The pivots will still have to be fitted for length and the holes in the tools may still need to be opened up very slightly, this route is expensive but less work. You can also get 1/8 pivots and 2-56 screws from alpha knife supply, USA knife maker etc and drill all the tools, this route is a lot of work and can get sketchy when drilling the back tools!
I reassembled my "Handy Explorer" (Handyman - pliers + magnifying glass/driver layer) by peening, but I didn't find it easy. Perhaps I just need more practice, but I'd love to have a SAK platform that can be disassembled without drilling and reassembled without hammering. That's why I've modded all of my Leatherman multitools but only one of my SAKs.

IMG_1871.jpg

I've seen Denis's screws and pivots on Etsy; I might give them a try next time. :thumbsup:

I reassembled my "Handy Explorer" (Handyman - pliers + magnifying glass/driver layer) by peening, but I didn't find it easy. Perhaps I just need more practice, but I'd love to have a SAK platform that can be disassembled without drilling and reassembled without hammering. That's why I've modded all of my Leatherman multitools but only one of my SAKs.

View attachment 1638120

I've seen Denis's screws and pivots on Etsy; I might give them a try next time. :thumbsup:
My "Handy Explorer" has evolved into, essentially, a SwissChamp minus the fish scaler. I added the pliers back to the aforementioned knife, but first I had to take the whole thing apart:
IMG_0515.1.jpg
...and voila!
IMG_0517.jpgIMG_0520.jpg

Back