How To SAK Nail File mod

Finally got around to finishing the mod. It turns out the tang of the nail tool is slightly smaller then the pen blade which causes it to sit too low in the knife to access the nail nick. To remedy this I had to bend the knife spring in two places to raise it and give it better snap but the end result is perfect. I then designed and 3D Printed some plus scales to replace the basic cellidor ones so I could easily customize or replace them in the future. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
W2mznqR.jpg

lz4LdKN.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly the type of mod performed above, but I sharpened the nail file on my cadet into a pen blade/ nail file combo. I use my cadet to open boxes, cut through tape, ect... all jobs that quickly dulled the main blade. After modding the nail file it's become the most used tool on the knife... by far.

oe

Not exactly the type of mod performed above, but I sharpened the nail file on my cadet into a pen blade/ nail file combo. I use my cadet to open boxes, cut through tape, ect... all jobs that quickly dulled the main blade. After modding the nail file it's become the most used tool on the knife... by far.

How exactly did you sharpen the nail file edge? And is there any chance you can show me a picture of yours?

Used a knife sharpener (Work Sharp) to one edge. I now have to remember to use the dull edge against my finger when filing my nails!

oe

Nice work.

Those 3D scales are really nice. You didn't tell us that your secret crafting skills. That's a lot more professional than I thought it'd turn out.

Yes, file turned pen blade pics please. Thanks.

I realize you've asked for pics of the sharpened nail file on my Cadet, but honestly, that's far beyond my technological abilities. It isn't too hard to imagine though. The truth is that modded blade has become 90%+ of the knife's use!!!

oe

Nice work.

Those 3D scales are really nice. You didn't tell us that your secret crafting skills. That's a lot more professional than I thought it'd turn out.

Yes, file turned pen blade pics please. Thanks.
Yeah I'm a mechanical engineering student so designing and 3D printing things is one of my big hobbies. The blue scales are more of a prototype tbh, once I get the tolerances perfect for everything I'm going to reprint them in red ABS with a gold emblem and treat them to give them a cellidor-ish finish

IMG_2050.jpg If you really want to guild your lily, get cut file rather than "sandpaper" file. Here is a Money Clip that I replaced the sandpaper file with a cut file. The cut file cuts much faster and cleaner than the sandpaper file, but it only cuts on the push stroke.

Back