SAK notch uses - video.

TBH I never really noticed this notch, I also doubted the utility of SAK bottle opener screwdriver - behold the screwdriver is actually designed as a pry bar that can also open bottles not really a screwdriver/bottle opener at all.

really bad idea using ones thumb and cutting towards it. yeah careful and all, but bad habit that eventually will lead to a bad cut.

I use that screwdriver combo blade the most out of the others. Well maybe not, I use the punch probably just as much.

Cool! I always wondered what that notch was for. The hook , BTW, is for minor surgery like appendix removal or for gutting small game.

Cool! I always wondered what that notch was for. The hook , BTW, is for minor surgery like appendix removal or for gutting small game.

No. The hook is for pulling out the hot, wire rack in my toaster oven, at work, so that I don't burn myself, getting the burritos, I just heated in it.

O.B.

You can use the hook for carrying a few bags holding the knife as a T handle

You can use the hook for carrying a few bags holding the knife as a T handle
Wasn’t that hook’s original purpose a parcel hook? All I’ve ever used mine for was to dig pebbles and other gunk out of my boot treads before bringing them in the front door.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Lee D, post: 20455524, member: 346711"

All I’ve ever used mine for was to dig pebbles and other gunk out of my boot treads before bringing them in the front door.[/QUOTE]

You wear your boots in the house - how dare you.

You wear your boots in the house - how dare you.[/QUOTE]
They’re taken off on the back porch. My wife would kill me...with one of my knives.

*is anyone else having problems butchering quotes?

Lee D Lee D maybe, I always imagined button hook originally. I’ve carried some kind of Victorinox for 37 years or so, cool vids!

*is anyone else having problems butchering quotes?

The problem is with the HTML code. Maybe you erased some "[" by mistake or the whole opening or closing tag completly. Let me explain

In order to properly quote something, it must be contained within two tags.
- Opening TAG: [quote --> must end with "]" but if I write it properly, you wouldn't be able to see it. This opening tag might also include the name of the original poster, number of the post, etc. But it is not mandatory.
- Closing TAG: [/quote --> must end with "]" but if I write it properly, you wouldn't be able to see it.

Mikel_24 not an HTML expert said:
This is an example

Usually when you click on "add to multiquote" or "quote" and then reply, the page automatically creates the tags for you, but if you by mistake erase something of the HTML code, then it will not work. Knowing how it works, you can edit your post and add/remove whichever tags are required.

I hope this helps.

Mikel

really bad idea using ones thumb and cutting towards it. yeah careful and all, but bad habit that eventually will lead to a bad cut.

Respectfully, that’s a legitimate way to cut the casing on a wire. I’ve done it thousands of times and never cut myself. Similar to the pairing cut in the kitchen or when whittling.

Something about the controlled way the fingers and thumb are working together keep you from cutting yourself. Also you are pushing straight into the blade not sliding down it. It only works because they are on the same hand and leveraging against each other.

So this style of cutting is considered the exception to the rule of not cutting towards yourself.

As far as using the notch most of those uses require it to be just the right size. It only works on 1 size nail 1 gauge of wire etc.

How Victorinox stayed in business after the Leatherman came onto the scene is beyond me.

Last edited:
The wire stripping is more easily done if you sharpen the wire bender notch; will actually work as a small wire cutter if sharpened with the edge towards the frame, not using the blade at all. For unscrewing things, that's what the pliers on the Deluxe Tinker are for. Nail removal? only if you want to bend the pivot (maybe for tiny nails/tacks/brads not inbeded far). Not a prybar.

As for Leatherman and like, I personally don't want to fiddle trying to unfold something 16 ways (slight hyperbole) before I can use it.

Last edited:
Back