SAK of the future?

I was just watching a video posted on Victorinox. It mentioned that they're always thinking up new knives.

Here are my questions:

--what are the latest SAKs, just out?

--does anyone have any knowledge of what they're working on? Note: I'm not asking what you'd like to see (I have my own requests), but if there's any knowledge of what they're actually doing.

no idea on what they're doing, but they should be offering people to 100% custom choose all tools - and made to order on a larger pioneer type base
(and allow the wood handle or alox as options of course; )

that would be fairly epic, I'd have to custom order at least 2 different setups

They will be releasing some new graphics on the Classic, I haven't actually heard anything but they do it all the time so just wait.

I'd love to see a Bladeforums addition.

100% customisation allowing to pick whatever tools combination you want would be a great evolution

I have read about steel for years, and all I really know with regard to this topic is that when Victorinox puts any upgrade into a blade, the price goes ballistic. It would be monumental, maybe, if they could put something edge holding in the blade that would not cause such a price explosion. It must be IMPOSSIBLE.

Steel nerds, am I Don Quixote'ing this? Why is this happening to me?

...a video posted on Victorinox... mentioned that they're always thinking up new knives.

Here are my questions:

--what are the latest SAKs, just out?

--does anyone have any knowledge of what they're working on? ...

yeah, they probably would come up with some pretty looking scales every now and then.
but corporate restructure will push on for a more diversified growth of its products other than knives
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/...-underlines-multi-category-brand-credentials/

NOS Wenger SAKs are now priceless collectible relics of a bygone golden age:
So now finally at least the top knife in this photo, a Wenger Patriot, is as valuable to others as it has always been to me. A killer effective cutting tool; makes thick edged popular "tacticool" knives look silly when it comes to cutting wire ties.
IMG_3276.jpg

Wenger made my favorite clip on belt pouch to though mostly I carry a Case Trapper in it with the flap folded and tucked out of the way. I have a few of these pouches molded to fit particular Trappers. Displays the knife and keeps it super accessible.
IMG_3281 2.jpg

no idea on what they're doing, but they should be offering people to 100% custom choose all tools - and made to order on a larger pioneer type base
(and allow the wood handle or alox as options of course; )

that would be fairly epic, I'd have to custom order at least 2 different setups
Yes! Or do what sog used to do with their multi tools and have a model that is screw together construction and sell all the different tools individually to make it you own.

The SAK of the future will, of course, incorporate a sonic screwdriver.
That's the version I'm waiting on. :) Oh, and with a decent pocket clip o_O

Ray

Back