SAK,repair or replace?

I was told to write a note and send with the knife. Asked them to either re use/re attach my scales or at least send them back with my knife. I won’t cry if they put brand new scales on it i may actually like having my beautiful knife back as new, so i’m good any way they do it apart from replacing the whole knife that is.
I’ll bet dollars to donuts it would be much easier for Victorinox to just replace the knife.
But i really don’t know. The fact they have a great warranty is why i keep giving them my business. I have 8 of their knives soon to be 9,10,11........etc... and this is the first one in 30 years that needs work. And to be honest it was probably operator error not a defect that caused the saw blade to break.
DN

They not only replaced the saw blade and yes the scales but put a spring in my pliers and replaced the magnifying glass that had the cracked frame. Thankfully with the same old style part.
Also i had removed the scale parts to make it easier for them and they replaced all those parts too.

Great news David :):thumbsup:. Glad you posted the results of the repairs made too:cool:. The knife looks perfect and ready for another 30 years.

Ah well, bit too late for the thread but I've sent my SwissChamp for maintenance and they can completely disassemble the thing and replace whatever you want in there. It is really awesome thing. :)

Thanks for keeping us posted David Nowlin David Nowlin . Sorry 'bout the cut but other than that, it's got to be a wonderful feeling to have your SC back in better than new condition. Quick turn around time too! It's good to hear of such excellent customer service especially these days.

Goes to show that you really can't beat Victorinox too often. The only other knife company that comes close is Buck. The Buck warrantee is like the Victorinox. I've had to send a Vic in a few times, but there was never any problem getting factory service that was a cut above. Sorry David, I couldn't resist the pun!:D

Glad you got a resolution to the problem from Vic. Me, I probably would have just bought a replacement for old times sake. I bought an older Case Barlow (at a knife show) which was similar to the one I grew up with simply to bring back the fond memories of having and using that knife for years until the main blade was so worn down that I parked it. I think it's actually a better knife than is currently made by Case.

I might add that I did essentially the same thing with a Schrade USA 250T that I had used and abused for years as both a woods and work knife. Have a new USA replacement for that one too.

Back