SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Very cool combo Mitch!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Be careful using the FB, it looks extra sharp. 🦈

Case's Sodbuster Jr. is a must have and a great carry companion when teamed up with Vic's must have, the Classic.
faBMTLv.jpg

The Classic has been in my pocket most days for the past couple of weeks and I may have finally adjusted to it's diminutive size and light weight. Not so fearful of losing it now and WOW... is it useful!

Alpineer and a Northwoods Esky in Denim Micarta, thanks for helping me aquire the Esky James @redsparrow:cool::thumbsup:
HQpB3J.jpg
Hey Paul, nice knives there mate. I have a question. What's the little tube between the knives. My wife noticed it the other day in one of your other pics? She guessed a glow in the dark something...
Am I right in saying the Alpineer scaled knife is a Passenger? I have seen one once before but I can't quite remember it's story.

Hey Paul, nice knives there mate. I have a question. What's the little tube between the knives. My wife noticed it the other day in one of your other pics? She guessed a glow in the dark something...
Am I right in saying the Alpineer scaled knife is a Passenger? I have seen one once before but I can't quite remember it's story.
That's exactly it Dan, a passenger:thumbsup: also, your wife is correct, it's a 12hr "embrite" glow fob. I love em. The oldest one I have is 6yrs and that one still glows for hrs after it charges from a brief exposure to sun.

I don't know the story behind the Alpineer either, other then a name change from the discontinued Passenger. I know the Alpineer today is a 111mm knife.

sonofwilfred sonofwilfred Hey Dan, the Alpineer/Passenger again today. I have the Alpineer in a belt sheath with my T-shirt hanging over it, but I just got off my motorcycle and walked into the warehouse of our store and if the Glow fob catches the slightest exposure to the sun it really shines. What I like is how long it lasts, albeit diminishing with time :cool:
j4lSjh.jpg

bSk6xZ.jpg

ELrS7X.jpg

EaJxY8.jpg

sonofwilfred sonofwilfred Hey Dan, the Alpineer/Passenger again today. I have the Alpineer in a belt sheath with my T-shirt hanging over it, but I just got off my motorcycle and walked into the warehouse of our store and if the Glow fob catches the slightest exposure to the sun it really shines. What I like is how long it lasts, albeit diminishing with time :cool:
j4lSjh.jpg

bSk6xZ.jpg

ELrS7X.jpg

EaJxY8.jpg
Wow that's pretty cool. Pretty practical too. I recon one of those on my torch would make it easy to find in the middle of the night. Thanks for the photos mate.

Wow that's pretty cool. Pretty practical too. I recon one of those on my torch would make it easy to find in the middle of the night. Thanks for the photos mate.
Dan, I'm in our bedding warehouse and the back figures are those of mattresses and foundations wrapped in their shipping plastic. Sending you the link to if your interested. Like I mentioned, the oldest one I have is 6 years and I don't notice any difference to my recent ones :thumbsup: I just recently purchased others so I don't have to swap the fob from item to item.

Alpineer and a Northwoods Esky in Denim Micarta, thanks for helping me aquire the Esky James @redsparrow:cool::thumbsup:
HQpB3J.jpg
Good to see Ol' Blu (great knife), it's my pleasure to see you carrying it Paul.
The Alpineer has a impressive tool selection, don't see them too often. I use the mag glass fairly often on my explorer.

Dan, looks like a fantastic combo. Had the Izula long enough to have any insight on the steel?

Good to see Ol' Blu (great knife), it's my pleasure to see you carrying it Paul.
The Alpineer has a impressive tool selection, don't see them too often. I use the mag glass fairly often on my explorer.

Dan, looks like a fantastic combo. Had the Izula long enough to have any insight on the steel?
Nah sorry mate, My first day with it. My esee3 s35vn has done alot of skinning and meat harvesting and still looks brand new and is as sharp as new but it's not working hard. I don't expect the izula to be much different opening a bag here and there. I like it's compactness I've never handled one before.

Back