SAK's

I prolly own 40 or 50 SAKs, but my primary EDC is the Explorer Plus.

V1HbSZD.jpg

I tend to carry a dark grey Pioneer if I am wearing darker colored pants, and a standard Electrician or Rancher with light-colored pants:

lpqqo5w
idFr1vVHgkGmDhV8uPpELpD6A9wa-knGJc6fSxYlbcgOlPyDU2pIeYluRz5gNlkgZJlJ0D2uJgbSvIx4xXEWVpxoxT8MEfzpzDyRbuGR2_bsFb3nL2aPGhDKZf13VjlqIYX_jlJcBRV8XQTky6OylN2jCLu5sc2CWkthfucLuvhmaoyEcN5jARygtM1cpzDu8_pj_WdAqoZV9VcuROv-lPAxtvfJeUIYfUzM88t6p96nMiNcbE9jzODpwjemMW3qrhty2wC9Emyru3n8oFwJH-fJL8stbqtss6dIZYg6am1qS1zCDeLqw6S_pB-GC9y69iZny8fp6oSnAop68yw76PiSnlk-lTi_tdimFQ-SExdTFdmUnku7JzUAfau0rexOe1U_qATcsrhMiA4f-8jLCUgSsyzi2qL1Isbt1QbTUBeB4MPxBMV00aD4viXDzUNK8HkSrIf-Xy8o0KBA3GCP50CXixuqzGtH6IJ3Mc7fdQBX2l8ClHRuO90N3DmkWH903JAgdTC24cI-ThhoCkmLBMZjV6_ljcNCaJa51RjKVn-IVCi2hlnujsYS0tJIhdEhfltuFKhvDyBNwRPxEipegRxZCYexFdtx3fELJ31TzFmAwErLhEK26JMujiMUO-ueyebtWMGsg9ri9QJc__qlINckEwhc6Af6Ht4=w588-h784-no

Cybertool 29 for the last 10 years, give or take (I think it's called something different now). Basically a Spartan with the multi-driver and bit holder added. The T8 and T10 TORX bits fit the pivots of most modern folding knives, the smallest phillips is small enough for eye/sunglasses, and plus all the other bits. Combined with a Leatherman Squirt PS4, and I don't need to carry much else unless I want to (I usually want to). Over the years I've MacGyver'd all sorts of fixes for myself and others who would have been SOL otherwise. I even took a Latin exam once with the pen.

A Rambler accompanies my Buck 55 most days of late. The Rambler's like the Classic's more useful brother. Love mine.

Daily spartan carrier here.

I spent years carrying larger folders and flippers but I recently tried an SAK on a whim and love it. More versatile and for 95% of what I use a knife for... It's perfect.

I've carried a Swisstool Spirit (black oxide) daily for many years now and use it for many things...When I'm at home a carry a Cadet, mostly to have a bottle opener handy

rvPMQDf.jpg

Are those pretty handy? If thought about getting one just wondering if it's worth it or not
The swiss card is very handy, especially if your wife asks for a toothpick after every meal! It also fits inside my little waterproof box for occaisional hikes and trips down by the water, leaving plenty of room for other things. I now have 3 different ones....

This is a typical edc for me and what i consider for me to be a intelligent edc. Your milage may vary.

View attachment 786897
If I want two knives but, I'm worried about size and weight, I grab a similar combination. A D2 551 Grip with orange scales and a plain silver Cadet.

I really prefer the Alox Soldier/Pioneer over the Cadet but, the Cadet is lighter and easier on my nails.

The swiss card is very handy, especially if your wife asks for a toothpick after every meal! It also fits inside my little waterproof box for occaisional hikes and trips down by the water, leaving plenty of room for other things. I now have 3 different ones....

Wait... Swiss Card... whaaaaa? Just looked it up. How the hell did I not know about this?!?! Good answer to carrying an alox, but still want the toothpick, tweezers, etc. Thanks!

My most carried is the Alox Bantam... so damn thin. No picture, but here is my Alox Pioneer with old cross. Got this one when I was a kid
TPq51kv.jpg

I hadn't carried a SAK in many years but recently bought an Alox Farmer ... and I always carry a modern folder with a pocket clip ....but also always have a slipjoint in my pocket to ... and recently that new Alox Farmer has been the slipjoint I've been carryng.

As for why ... its a smaller blade for quick use that is easy to keep sharp ... and I''ve found the saw comes in far more handy then you would think it would and may be the biggest reason I carry it often ... the reamer is is great for a hole punch ... and the wire strippers work well enough to get some use.

A Vic Walker around home because it's slim and light and has a saw. There's always something needing trimming and the saw sure comes in handy. A Vic Rambler when away from home because you just can't not have a SAK along. The Rambler is basically a Classic SD plus a Phillips screwdriver, bottle opener, and wire stripper. Finally, a Wenger Esquire sits on my lamp stand next to where I watch TV and is handy for fixing ragged fingernails &c.

35859225696_9d25cd6798_b.jpg

Back