Sal saves the day!

Glad you eventually got things sorted out in an amiable and respectful manner OP. I like fishing too, though i do all mine out of a kayak. :) I would highly recommend one of the Salt knives. I carry a Pacific Salt every day on the ocean and the knife is absolutely bullet proof. It's laying in the sink now covered in blood and salt waiting to go back in my waistband for another go tomorrow.

How many salts have you left at the bottom of the ocean Lance? Really been missing your instagram posts!

Mike

Glad you eventually got things sorted out in an amiable and respectful manner OP. I like fishing too, though i do all mine out of a kayak. :) I would highly recommend one of the Salt knives. I carry a Pacific Salt every day on the ocean and the knife is absolutely bullet proof. It's laying in the sink now covered in blood and salt waiting to go back in my waistband for another go tomorrow.

Dude that was restrained compared to what I want to say to several of you...

Wow, I haven't seen one of these whining, ungrateful OP threads go to page 8 in a long time. :rolleyes: Folding knife blades are not meant to be pry bars or screwdrivers. Get a Leatherman as a back up tool.

Oh lord, knife drama. I'm glad everyone got it worked out though. Good job. Happy New Year.

I really enjoyed watching this thread develop, It reminds me of when I was enlighten to the greatness of this company and its founder. They encompass all things I hold dear and almost absent from a seemingly decaying society, Although many designs are cutting edge the heart of spyderco is truly old school. I have different knives but my most favorite and most carried are Spyderco's not just because my lying loyalties, but because of the outstanding design and finish also. *NO MORE THAN NECESSARY*NO LESS THAN PERFECT*

Thanks for the coin.

Can we change the name of the thread again to"Saving Private Ryan from himself!"

Last edited:
Sal Glesser for the win!

Truly impressed with you're involvement here on the forums, and the stand up guy that you are.

Well, I think Ryan did the right thing with the thread title, and he apologized to me, which I accept. We apologized to Ryan in our letter with his returned knife. And if I was too hard on Ryan, then I will apologize as well. I do understand, but when I take an a$$hole pill (which I do now and then), I need to be called out.

This restores my respect for Mr. Glesser 100%

I mean... your knife is replaced. I've had nothing but good service from spyderco, even down to being sent parts I want supposed to be able to access, not once, but twice, from the same cs employee. Nothing crazy, just rebuild parts for a military, trying to get a good fit. I think you should take your knife, forget this thread and move in with life. It's the Internet, you'll be forgotten within hours and can walk around without shame, being hidden from the world behind your computer screen and cell phone. Awesome reply sal, shows you'll stock up for your employees and don't pussy foot. I don't prescribe to the customer is always right bull crap, and I am a customer. The customer is right when they're telling the truth and truly feel they were wronged. Expecting things just because you're spending your money with someone isn't being right, it's thinking you're an entitled consumer, at which point, why even pay, you're always right, why not demand it be free?

I mean... your knife is replaced. I've had nothing but good service from spyderco, even down to being sent parts I want supposed to be able to access, not once, but twice, from the same cs employee. Nothing crazy, just rebuild parts for a military, trying to get a good fit. I think you should take your knife, forget this thread and move in with life. It's the Internet, you'll be forgotten within hours and can walk around without shame, being hidden from the world behind your computer screen and cell phone. Awesome reply sal, shows you'll stock up for your employees and don't pussy foot. I don't prescribe to the customer is always right bull crap, and I am a customer. The customer is right when they're telling the truth and truly feel they were wronged. Expecting things just because you're spending your money with someone isn't being right, it's thinking you're an entitled consumer, at which point, why even pay, you're always right, why not demand it be free?

Totally agreed except for the highlighted bit. The Internet makes it very easy to track what someone says and does to even an amateur who knows what they're doing. I'm sure there are many LEOs around here who would say the same.

That said, I doubt enough people actually care to, and it was good of the OP to apologize to Mr. Glesser, despite that he almost immediately resumed his uppity rudeness after doing so.

Oh, and he wants to carry tip down.

I'm kidding. I carry tip down a lot, too. I'm carrying tip down right now. Oh gods, what have I done?

haha, this is such a fantastic thread, i'm such a big fan of spyderco/sal... excellent read

probably not the appropriate place for this comment but regardless, picked up a domino last week, my god the action is superb. cannot put the thing down. to any spyderco employees reading this... some domino sprints wouldn't go astray would they ;)

looking forward to the mantra, the minuteman and the nirvana if i come into some money ;)

greetings from Australia, cheers

How many salts have you left at the bottom of the ocean Lance? Really been missing your instagram posts!

Mike

Only 2 Mike, but I'm sure I'm not done. :rolleyes: I haven't posted lately because my GoPro started malfunctioning so it's off for warranty repair. Taking a long time, but I've been told they have good warranty service so I'm trying to be patient. ;) Don't worry though, I haven't stopped catching them. I'll be back posting some pics soon...thanks for watching.

Hi Ryan,

I received your knife yesterday. It seems your lack of patience is exceeded only by your rudeness. We have replaced your knife, but in my investigation, every single area you touched; face book, customer service, our forum, etc. indicated that you are / were a butt hole in your dealings with us. Please enjoy your new knife and should you decide to deal with Spyderco again, please learn some manners or go elsewhere. Your kind understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

sal

Great response. Very tactfully done.

I'm not trying to be anonymous, you see that's my real name up there, is that your real name??

I fought for what I was owed, plain and simple, Sal even said my knife should have been replaced the first time....

Take a stab at me and expect to be stabbed back at.

This thread should be closed. The OP's knife is fixed and he and Sal have worked things out with one another. There's no reason for rehashing or trying to teach the OP a lesson. He did his part and it's time to move on.

Wow, I haven't seen one of these whining, ungrateful OP threads go to page 8 in a long time. :rolleyes: Folding knife blades are not meant to be pry bars or screwdrivers. Get a Leatherman as a back up tool.

I have broken several knives.

Just plain misuse.

Never even attempted to send one of those in for repair much less warranty.

Lost a bunch more, scattered thru the woods and the bottom of the lake, I'm sure my couch has one of my Enduras held hostage...

I did not break or misuse this one, and I knew it.

Plus this damn Benchmade I've been carrying just don't feel right...

If they shut it down, Mr Glesser I want you to know I respect you very much.

The American Dream realized.

I will be sending the 45% off coupon back to you, I don't feel I deserve it, along with a hand written apology letter to Vanessa and your Facebook crew.

Have a great day.

If they shut it down, Mr Glesser I want you to know I respect you very much.

The American Dream realized.

I will be sending the 45% off coupon back to you, I don't feel I deserve it, along with a hand written apology letter to Vanessa and your Facebook crew.

Have a great day.

Good on you man. I'm happy for you and impressed but not surprised how Sal/Spyderco looked after you.

Back