SAL.......... you may want to check on this ASAP

I'm with you guys on the Spyderco appreciation.

I'm rocking a Tenacious, which I've put up against my Emerson. It does everything better.

BUT

My 7 is "my" knife for some reason. Gotta have it on me every day. So I carry both. ☺👍

Never thought I'd hear Rolf or Anthony ditch the sevens, tho. Lol!

That's funny, I just switched back to my Super 7 this morning! Yeah, I missed it, I admit it. There is no ditching it for the same reason you mentioned... its "my" knife. For edc, I usually go with a modern and a traditional. If/when fixed is an option, I go with that as my primary blade. But, with this new season of folders hitting the market... my attention has been grabbed by Spyderco's Chinook 4 and Emerson's Aftershock. I find the blade profiles of both to be really attractive. Not sure which will be my initial purchase... it may just be a matter of availability.

And, yes Rolf... never ditched!

So Mr. Bond... the Tenacious is floatin yer boat lately? I get it; the PM2--though somewhat different--is such a great performer.

As a manufacturer you will never be able to please everyone. I see the red locktite as a bit rediculous, if their ultimate goal is to prevent disasssembly then they could just go back to using pinned construction instead of screws. I'm sure they do it because it's less costly and easier to deal with a hambone that damaged his own knife trying to disassemble it than hundreds or thousands over the course of a year that would be losing screws out of their knives since they actually use it, instead of tinkering with it as a play toy.

That's funny, I just switched back to my Super 7 this morning! Yeah, I missed it, I admit it. There is no ditching it for the same reason you mentioned... its "my" knife. For edc, I usually go with a modern and a traditional. If/when fixed is an option, I go with that as my primary blade. But, with this new season of folders hitting the market... my attention has been grabbed by Spyderco's Chinook 4 and Emerson's Aftershock. I find the blade profiles of both to be really attractive. Not sure which will be my initial purchase... it may just be a matter of availability.

And, yes Rolf... never ditched!

So Mr. Bond... the Tenacious is floatin yer boat lately? I get it; the PM2--though somewhat different--is such a great performer.
Yessir.

Its got a lovely handle, and the blade knows it.

The PM2 has a finger choil, which to me, is a wasted blade, more manufacturing cost, redundant, and insults the handle by insinuating it can't do its job lol!

The Manix would be MY Spyderco if it wasn't for the same thing. But since I can't afford the Gayle Bradley, the Tenacious is my plan B.

I got mine for free, expecting it to end up butter knife dull and be disposable. Boy was I wrong.

Since it was what is was, I deliberately abused it within reason. Again, boy was I wrong.

I tested it against the Emerson with gentle spine whacks, intelligent prying, light drop throws, stabbing, and cutting. They both held up fine, but I was pretty impressed to discover the edge retention of the "crappy" 8Cr13MoV was extremely close to the Emerson's 154CM. As a plus, the Tenacious cut better when dull (duh, geometry) in addition to being much more of a pleasure to use.

I really think (read: know) that 90 percent of peoples' perceptions of things such as steel attributes are 90 percent Kool-aid. Unless I got the ONE odd Tenacious that had a magically perfect, Paul Bos-like heat treat.

That said, I still wouldn't mind a steel upgrade on it. Nothing TOO fancy or focused solely on wear resistance. More of a medium road performer that balances strength and toughness with the edge retention. Gimme vg-10 or something comparable.

Thx.

Last edited:
I hear ya... once in this hobby/ interest long enough, one learns to see past marketing, hype, new-offering frenzies, etc... and begins to appreciate knives based or real use/ performance. I get what you mean about the pm2, but since it was a gift, I look past some of its idiosyncrasies and just enjoy it.

Finger choil? I learned to really like having the option. I like it!
Try it again, JB.

Actually, it was about 3 pages + of people bashing spyderco's customer service department fyi...... So don't think I was trying for some special treatment, by pointing it out the people who can help make things better.

I wasn't in anyway/ have bashed spyderco; but I personally haven't had a reason to deal with customer service department yet.

Actually, it was about 3 pages + of people bashing spyderco's customer service department fyi...... So don't think I was trying for some special treatment, by pointing it out the people who can help make things better.

I wasn't in anyway/ have bashed spyderco; but I personally haven't had a reason to deal with customer service department yet.

Hi, exracr:
Thank you for giving us a heads up. As a few have mentioned the group page you're referring to isn't an official Spyderco group - it's a fanpage. We don't moderate it but we do try and monitor it when we can. We've noticed a growing community in numerous facebook group pages related in one way or another to Spyderco. For that reason we are launching an official Spyderco discussion group on facebook. It will be monitored regularly and moderated by me and Mike. Look for that to go live this week or next. ;)

Thanks again for your support!

Kristi

cool. looking forward to checking out facebook more. I have 'wandered' away from there

Back