Sale of Rusty Slate's collection

This sale is with permission of the HI moderators and others. It is for the benefit of the family of Rusty Slate. All proceeds will go directly to Mary Slate.

This is the first of 6 posts containing Rusty Slate's collection that I have agreed to post for Mary Slate, his widow. Please help her out at this time by helping to sell these knives for her. I will handle all the dealings and mail one check to her when all are gone. Thanks for helping out.

6-06-05-1.JPG

L-R

Only thing left here is the 5th from the left, a bayonet for $25. Good price considering the cost of shipping these days:eek: :D

Email mamav57@yahoo.com for these. Paypal or check. Prices include fee for paypal and shipping. It's the best we can figure out.

Part 2

6-06-05-2.JPG

48" Del Tin 2142 Sword - $150 SOLD
Sword with no top- $40 SOLD
59" Medieval Sword- $115 SOLD
Large Battle Axe- $55 SOLD
Mace- $55 SOLD
34"blade, Civil War Sword- $50
Short Battle Axe- $30
34" engraved, Civil War Sword- $65
Salabonca Spanish Sword, new-$200- a deal at $120

Spear- $55 SOLD

NOT SHOWN. Marta Claymore still in the box. email for pics. New on sale sells for $265. Will sell for $200

See above post for pay and email details.

Thank you.

Part 3

6-06-05-3.JPG

Tibetan Short Sword- $100 Red scabbard one left only. This is the 4th from the left.

All the rest are gone, Thanks, guys.

See first post for email and payment info.

Part 4

6-06-05-4.JPG

16.5" WWII by Bura, $70 2 of these
17.5" Sirupati by Bura,- $100 SOLD
18"WWII by Bura - $75
20" Sirupati by KGR, serial number 64 -$165 SOLD
15" AK by Dharan- $115 SOLD
Cherokee Rose by Bura, chandan handle- $190 SOLD
20" Chainpuri, $180 SOLD
17" Sirupati with Chainpuri handle, $80 SOLD
17.5" Chainpuri, missing chakma, $70 SOLD

See first post for email and payment details.

Part 6....the last one.

6-06-05-6.JPG

12"AK Serial number 184 -$115 SOLD
18" WWII blem by Bura - $75
12" Dhankuta bu Bura - $210 SOLD
9.5" Brass and Antler handled Baby BAS - $210 SOLD
Kages Katne - $15, 2 of these, both SOLD
Bilton - $25 SOLD

See first post for email and payment details.

Thanks for doing this Gin. Email sent on longest khyber knife with white handle.

Steve :(

Satori said:
Thanks, Gin.

Email sent on Hasiya...but I have a sneaking suspiscion that someone else beat me to it.

Sorry Dave...

Email sent on the 19in. Village Chainpuri if still available. Probably the last thing I should be doing is buying another khukuri right now especially another chainpuri, but this is for a good cause (I tell myself as I try to justify the buy!), and that chainpuri kind of stood out and seemed to be talking to me ("buy me, buy me"). Thanks Mamav for your efforts. Wes Hoenshell

E-mail sent on:

Salyan :( - too slow again
1 Quaddara :confused: still hoping
Khyber with no sheath :( - too slow again

Some unusual pieces. Hope I don't get out-sharked.

Damn, I'm 5 hours late to this thread; hope I haven't missed out, and can't afford jack right now. There's about 20 that I would love to own, but sending mail on:

Part 5, 17.5" Sanu Hanshee, very rare,- $190

Thanks,

Norm

Whoever gets that middle Khyber can say that they have a Khyber that once belonged to Rusty and Yvsa if that has any meaning for anyone.:rolleyes: :p ;) :D I sent it along not knowing Rusty already had one when I sent him the Tomahawk made by my cousin in trade for an 18th Century HI Khukuri.
It's an Atlanta Cutlery model and I never did sharpen it, don't know if Rusty did or not, doubt it though.

Steve - Nice snag...bet the handle on that one is ivory, you'll have to let us know. If so, you got one heck of a deal!

Yvsa - Had I known...

You know, I have wanted a Hasiya for quite a while...and in fact had tried for this one but been outsharked by Rusty. It just seems sort of right that I would end up sharking it now...a strange but wonderful little knife that had taken an opportunity that I couldn't, to spend some time with a strange but wonderful little man.

I hope it is happy when it gets here...to visit me for a while.

Mail sent.

Don't really need the knives as much as I imagine Mary needs the help.

Noah

Nasty said:
Steve - Nice snag...bet the handle on that one is ivory, you'll have to let us know. If so, you got one heck of a deal!.

Not me. I was too slow. Don't know who got it. There are some really interesting pieces of HI history here. I'll probably wait and see which stuff can't find the right home before I try for something else.

Steve

Back