Sale of Rusty Slate's collection

Hmmm . . .

Almost bought Audrey, but the handle looked a bit small. I took the 12" Village Siru with the beefier handle that's to the left of Audrey. Also took the 12" Dhankuta, and the 17.5" Siru. Got lots of bone with this buy.

Quite an honor to to help out Mary, and to give these knives a nice home where I can vouch that they will be appreciated.

Noah

Man...wouldn't you like to see who got what?

The Hasiya is on it's way to Casa de' Nasty...

OK...so we are on our way to the post office with today's orders. Thanks everyone so much. You are all a real blessing.

I will be on the road tomorrow so will not be getting anything done again until Friday. Thanks for your help.

The Bowie's on its way to the munk compound. I never had one before. It somehow makes sense inside me to have Rusty's AK Bowie. I think it's going to the right place. If he made the handle too small I'll put my own on it. It's an older style blade I'm told and has the pronounced double fullers.

Yvsa says it's a big slab of metal and Nasty says it's just different from the Rose is all. Well, I need a spatula anyway and this one has a point on it in case the burgers get uppity.

munk

Yvsa said:
What's kind of interesting is the couple of items that aren't in the sale, the Hawk my cousin made and that old Yataghan that Sarge gave to Rusty when he came back from Afghanistan.
Anybody remember the Yataghan besides me?

I remember that knife Yvsa. I think it was Sarge's way of thanking Rusty for a WWII that Rusty donated.

I don't think it was a yataghan though. I'm pretty sure it was a khyber.

Email sent:

16.5" WWII blem by Sher - #85

I hope to give her a good home along with her big brother.

Nasty said:
One: the 12" AK "pocket battleship" is so heavy she's a blem and noticed as an AK only on one side. The other side has to be looked at closely to see a fuller at the elbow.

this the one you are thinking of? Thought this was a khyber sword? dunno.

See that JKM-1 on his hip. Man I miss Sarge, wonder where he is and how he's doing. That khyber looks like the big one in section one.

HERBIEDUKE said:
I need an address to send payment for the Rekat.

herbieduke <herbie@kycom.net>

Gin is now returning to Arizona...she said she would be back online on Friday. If you have your email in first, she will make sure you get it.

Boy Gin, he had quite a collection didn't he. :( The last I heard from Sarge he had redone my bilton sheath a year or two ago.Hope he is doing well.....Frank C....P.S. GOT HERE A LITTLE LATE FOR THE ONES I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE,Good job Gin.... :D

Kismet said:
this the one you are thinking of? Thought this was a khyber sword? dunno.

Maybe it's just me, but the one in the picture looks like the third khyber that's for sale.

The Hasiya arrived today. I've always been happy when new knives come home, this is the first time I've been both happy and sad.

The knife is beautiful...used and sort of sharpened ;), but beautiful none the less. The happy part is of course that it belonged to a friend, or was he a Brother? I'm not sure...and Rusty himself was asking the same question shortly before he left. The sad part is of course that it was Rusty's and still would be had things gone differently...and that it had to come to me this way.

When I saw that it had been well used, I imagined what it might look like if I took the time to buff it back to it's original glory...like the pictures on the website...unmarred and untouched by any man.

By the time I got home with it, I knew that I would not.

I got out of the truck, and knowing that Rusty had not only owned it, but actually used it, immediately put it to work to clear some stubborn branches and thick Canadian thistle in my yard. It slipped through them as it was made to do...and I added a mark or two to this magical, strange, little knife...

Right alongside marks Rusty had put on it...

Thank you Gin...

Let's bring this one back to the top, and sell some more goodies. Can't wait to get mine! :D

I'm only waiting to see the updated listing...

Gin...have you made it safely back to Mesa?

Hi Guys
BTTT
Have taken a short sword and the Blackjack, should see them in NZ in a week or so. Happy but sad!! :( :D
Phil

This has definitely been a very wonderful job working with all of you guys. I mailed the first check to Mary today and will have another one by the weekend. I've updated the lists and taken more pics. Now if MY computer will let me post. I seem to be having trouble so may have to scan and see if I can get them up.....machines..... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much to you all. We should make Mary's day here soon. :D

Back