Sale Proxy Requests

My wife is heading into labor and delivery! She will absolutely kill me if I am on phone trying to get a knife. Any chance I could get a proxy for a filed knife today? Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Thank you brother!

Eta: going to try from the parking lot on my phone as well!

Dear Brother,

This is contrary to established proxy etiquette. As a community we have decided that anyone who asks for a proxy should not try for themselves. Well, either way it looks like you're in, by my post or yours. I'm open to community input.

Fernando

Dear Brother,

This is contrary to established proxy etiquette. As a community we have decided that anyone who asks for a proxy should not try for themselves. Well, either way it looks like you're in, by my post or yours. I'm open to community input.

Fernando
I apologize, I was unaware of this, I wanted to see how fast I could go on my phone for grins since I'm far from a computer.... I'm usually around 60.

So I don’t get it people are asking for a proxy and scoring on their proxy and still trying to get in on sale ....
I was told that was not cool .....

He was not aware of our subforum protocols. Now he is. No harm done. And to own my part, henceforth, if'n' I offer to proxy, I will include our community expectations in my proxy offer. And state what my behavior will be if expectations are violated (I, in the future, will simply forfeit my spot).

Someone who already scored very kindly (privately) offered me their spot presumably after seeing my massive fail twice in a row (well the way I get server reboots!) but since we self-regulate and like to think that we stick to an agreeable code of conduct, I thankfully and respectfully declined because I had tried on my own and had my own dibs.

This is not a post in some from of heroism or one wallowing in self pity, but just to let those who do not either get the message or think that they are above the unwritten rules that this subform is based on camaraderie and respect. The way that very few of you have behaved will eventually end up having a negative affect on the CPK business. The more people refreshing (yes you and your requested proxy still count for 2 instead of 1) the more taxing it is on the BFC servers and system so if someone thinks that they can and will attend, please refrain from gaming the good nature of the proxy system. That's all.

Was unaware of the protocol, wasn't going for two. I usually post in the sales threads even if I'm not going for a knife because it's entertaining to see what number I pull. If I did get in on it I'll give up my spot since I got a proxy. Thought I was going to be running a high number like usual. Didn't expect to be able to get on my phone but I got out of the docs office early. Had the pleasure of some steroid shots in my back today :p

So I don’t get it people are asking for a proxy and scoring on their proxy and still trying to get in on sale ....
I was told that was not cool .....

FWIW, I got off a conference call with less than two minutes to spare, BF had logged me out, and I didn't have time to log in and post in this thread notifying Bmurray that I could proxy for him before posting in the sale thread and actually proxying for him. He didn't know I was proxying for him when he posted in the sale thread, as I didn't post in this thread until a couple of minutes after the sale went live. The issue would be with how I handled it, not him.

A little help please . I could not even find the sale today for fk2.If some one would be willing to proxy bid for me on the next sale I would greatly appreciate it. I am just not good with computers oh and I am old and slow also. Thanks WB

Back