Salvaged KA-BAR Commando (Update 3)

@OFFICIAL_KA-BAR I do like the MK1 it was a definite improvement. But I really like the 6 inch blade on the commando over the 7 inch 1219c2 Its funny that 1 inch of blade length makes such a difference to me. When I wear it on my hip it seems to sheath and unsheath with a nice fluid motion. Once I get a nice parkarized commando I'm going to shift my sights to some MK1s then MK2s

Took this opportunity to measure and document my Commando so here is some more info.
The blade is .152 thick. I didn't take a picture.

Blade height ^^^^^

Tang height ^^^^^^

Tang milled down and steel pommel pressed and peened.

Last edited:
You gonna re-parkerize the flat blade commando?? The dip solution is available, might look nice re-done in original type finish rather than bright.

You gonna re-parkerize the flat blade commando?? The dip solution is available, might look nice re-done in original type finish rather than bright.
Hey Gene. I think that this one is to far gone. The swedge was hit with a grinder really bad on one side. It didn't show up in the pictures to well before i purchased it. Wasn't the seller trying to get anything over on me just a buyer beware type of thing. This one is going to be religated to user duty. Which is OK with me. I love carrying and using history.

Last edited:
Hey tanker I just bought one for $105 and it's a 1943 chrome with fullers and ka bar olean ny upsidedown on guard. I just noticed the sheath is wrong. It's only got 7 rivets and no belt loop. The knife has been refurbished and looks very clean. It looks identical to yours to a T other than the sheath and I get it tomorrow but I was wondering if you can fill me in on the history of these. Thank you man!

Back