SAR pack ideas

I hesitate to say this not knowing you or your skills. I find that statement very difficult to believe. If true, congrats! You are indeed a special breed. If not, it makes everything else you write suspect.

Having just recently gone through some tracker training with some really good instructors I whitnessed some truly impressive and quick tracking during a night track and I would say that it is entireley possible for someone who really has skills. Even among the students the increase in speed between the begining of the class and the end was substantial.

If someone feels comfortable going into the woods for an undetermined amount of time with only a few supplies, I say good for them. one of the instructors from the tracking class i was in carried a $20 knife, a flashlight and a few other supplies in his vest, and has been doing so for 20 + years.

As for Myself, I am a volunteer in Sar and train as much as I can when I can, I feel the need to have a bit more gear, to ensure that I can not only survive but remain operational. I have seen too many volunteers who come half prepared. No gloves, Spare batteries, Hat Etc

Email me, Eyegor. I cannot email you with your settings the way they are.

I try not to bleed at all, :), but of course your educated guess as to what I do is correct.

After much research, soul searching, and trying of gear I finally decided on my set-up. I went with a traditional ALICE LBE with buttpack and 2 canteens. This is in addition to my trusty M3 Unit One aid bag which I knew all along I was keeping.

I function as medic for our team members as well as for victims, so I always pack more med gear than your typical SAR member. So far, the buttpack holds the gear I typically carry although I am upgrading to published NASAR Sartech II gear list. The straps can hold bulky items if the need arises. There is also mounting points for accessory pouches if needed. I'm going to carry only 2 canteens (with cup and stove) for the time being but I may add more. After some training runs and/or call-outs I'll write more.

As some mentioned, I really liked the TrueNorth gear. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range at the moment.

Sorry for the super necropost:

I realize this may be a long shot but I was issued an infinity gear usar pack and am looking for some information on how to use it. I've been unable to locate anything about infinity gear online and thought you might be able to assist me. Thank you very much.

You would be much better off posting your own thread. Either people will respond to the OP or ignore it. Neither will help you much.

Perhaps it's specialty but I didn't see comments about drones for searching. I watched very good use with the Italian fire brigade in some avalanches in the mountains ,Roads were blocked but the drones could get excellent film and info quickly and accurately. It was the best drone capability demonstration.. I saw more of their work at an explosion that just happened in Bologna which damaged a major highway.

Anyone doing SAR with a hound. After stuff cools down at home I have talked to our local FD about joining. It talking with the chief it sounded like my place (our) place based on background and having a 1.5 year old eager ridgeback is the SAR portion.

Was thinking of getting the kifaru 24inch lite frame and a cargo net. I have many dry bags and would pack one with essentials and one as a possible drop bag.

What are people packing? With a hound or solo?
Terrain, time out, location?

I have the Kifaru "Bikini Frame" which is an earlier generation of the current Lite
and it's worth every penny. I would choose the Cargo Panel, over the net .
If you call them you may be able to get their K connetors installed on the mounting straps for quicker removal.
Tons of attachment options with Molle compatible Pouches.
https://store.kifaru.net/categories.aspx?Keyword=Cargo+Panel

Last edited:
Back