Save the Gimmick, Just Make this Better

OP ,I think I know exactly what your talking about. I frequent the local military surplus store to visit with a friend. At the far end of the display case there is a $20 and under section.
As Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble stated in opening post, there are some excellent entry level knife designs by mainstream companies that seem destined to remain an inexpensive offering only.
A few make the leap, the leek, and the link, are two that come to mind. Example, M390 Link, $80, great knife. The M390 divided is sweet also.
It's all too often though that I'll pick up a new $$$ model , use it and think, man this one sweet knife, but I wish it cut as well as my para2 and was as smooth opening as a Blur, and as light as a bugout.
Tool for the job and everybody's got a different job or different way of doing it. And a little bling never hurt anyone, I just hate it when it gets in the way of what I'm trying to cut.

Let's just face it, we are knife nuts! We are no different than affectionados of any other product. We all have are likes and dislikes. Part of the fun of any hobby is the quest (for the "grail" and knowledge), the discussion/debate, and camaraderie. The one thing we can agree on is our appreciation for this wondrous tool!

Back