SawManDu Specs, Pricing, And Ordering Procedures!!!!

119587170_10158171943595971_8647749060383498990_o.jpg
119676649_10158171943015971_8922089012942356787_o.jpg
119722089_10158171944135971_7346743436312603034_o.jpg
oooooh, pretty. I retract my previous statement regarding what your cheese content might be.

I cannot figure out how to post images from Imgur anymore but here is a link to some crappy pics I took comparing the Battle Saw to the SawManDu.

http://imgur.com/gallery/pUdkUnW

It is shockingly light in hand for its size. I know it is almost a quarter inch thick but it almost feels like a small machete to me. Much more nimble than the Battle Saw which is already pretty nimble with the CBT. Unfortunately I don't have a scale to check weights though.

Thank you for the description and pics - it looks great - I like the smaller tooth size vs the Battle Saw...

Last edited:
No problem. Currently on its way to David Brown for a sheath! Haven't used it yet.

Be careful taking the netting off of your SawMANdu's, it really sticks on to the teeth of the blade! It was easier to push the netting off than to pull it.

The knife is really awesome, big blade, light weight with all these mean teeth on top!
I was very lucky to win a sheath giveaway on the busse bladeforum a few years back hosted by Pirtle Made. At the time I did not own a mountainmandu :eek: but I knew that I would buy one when one became available. The sheath its self is a work of art featuring carp skin! I love telling people that its fish skin. Very sturdy well made perfect fit for the Sawmandu, Thank you again Chad at Pirtle Made and the people at swamprat.

yPzGbtf.jpg

cbPERyQ.jpg

Be careful taking the netting off of your SawMANdu's, it really sticks on to the teeth of the blade! It was easier to push the netting off than to pull it.

The knife is really awesome, big blade, light weight with all these mean teeth on top!
I was very lucky to win a sheath giveaway on the busse bladeforum a few years back hosted by Pirtle Made. At the time I did not own a mountainmandu :eek: but I knew that I would buy one when one became available. The sheath its self is a work of art featuring carp skin! I love telling people that its fish skin. Very sturdy well made perfect fit for the Sawmandu, Thank you again Chad at Pirtle Made and the people at swamprat.

yPzGbtf.jpg

cbPERyQ.jpg
Thank you were glad you like it!

Dang it I passed on it now these pics are killing me!!!! Wtf gosh dang mumble mumble cuss kick dog drink a beer and cry myself to sleep. Lol.

95242AFC-9A0E-45A7-9546-9D79150A94EA.jpeg 23643153-CD9F-4C0D-BCD5-4C9BB0D0EC6F.jpeg
Holy smokes! 16oz!
Lighter than the MMD by a bit.
Balances on the M in Swamp.
Can’t wait to try it out but thinking I might use some blueing first.
Also - anybody want to speculate whether my handle is “black” or “green”?

View attachment 1423595 View attachment 1423597
Holy smokes! 16oz!
Lighter than the MMD by a bit.
Balances on the M in Swamp.
Can’t wait to try it out but thinking I might use some blueing first.
Also - anybody want to speculate whether my handle is “black” or “green”?
Awesome!
Looks black to me. The green is pretty distinct now... The green now looks like what tan looked like for a while (but def more green) and the current tan looks a nice medium brown. I am loving the current Micarta lineup. And depending on Swamp vs Busse, I think current Swamp black Micarta look consistent with nice dark black Micarta Busse always had, and the current Busse black Micarta is so dark, it can fool some into thinking it's black G-10. Lovin' it.

Black it is! Thx guys!

The Micarta on mine definitely has a lot of pattern to it which does most resemble the picture of the black-handled SMD at the beginning of this thread. Looks great imo.

I got a Maroon.

I’ve never seen the maroon in person - how do you like it? I was thinking about dying the handles if I got maroon or tan...

She’s pretty pointy for a thic girl.

76C11B00-F8CB-4FFE-B127-A97ED311F993.jpeg

It's a dark maroon , so I can live with it.
It seems super thin to me because I did get a .28 MMD in today also.

I think of all the color available, the maroon is the prettiest.
The rest are like 8-9's, but that maroon is a 10.
For what it's worth, I got the green.

Back