SawManDu Specs, Pricing, And Ordering Procedures!!!!

How well does it work as a saw???

Pretty well overall. Very well considering it’s an almost quarter inch thick knife. Not as efficient as a thin saw blade, but also not gonna break.

Before use I decided to give it a hot vinegar bath.
Before:
068B513E-B455-464E-A151-2EE16D05CB26.jpeg
After:
928DA455-941F-4729-A06C-AFE0226E8B3E.jpeg
Pretty hard seasoned oak - green pine in background was chopped with the sharp side - very nice chopper...
19201545-3B74-4674-9B75-2894CD04CF9D.jpeg
The cut: 158326D5-2BED-4C8A-A1B2-D176D080416D.jpeg
Interestingly, it did much better on the dry, hard wood. Didn’t bind as much and due to the weight of the blade, it would cut slowly without any downward pressure - pretty cool.
6D4379F3-084E-463D-9988-3A496A391C0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty well overall. Very well considering it’s an almost quarter inch thick knife. Not as efficient as a thin saw blade, but also not gonna break.

Before use I decided to give it a hot vinegar bath.
Before:
View attachment 1425417
After:
View attachment 1425418
Pretty hard seasoned oak - green pine in background was chopped with the sharp side - very nice chopper...
View attachment 1425421
The cut: View attachment 1425419
Interestingly, it did much better on the dry, hard wood. Didn’t bind as much and due to the weight of the blade, it would cut slowly without any downward pressure - pretty cool.
View attachment 1425420

Glad that you like it!!!

Day 2: Ramen supply is holding steady. Prilosec, as well. Natural Light levels have reached critical stages. Dehydration imminent. Bottle of El Toro keeps flipping its red plastic sombrero at me. Doctor prognosis: micarta and SR-77 stat.

Hauger, if you get dire let me know. I have some spicey chicken mr noodles and maybe some beef flav ones i can send your way.. Scdub best i can do for you is send ya some ice cubes for that blend, sorry doggy. :D i got on origional mmd on the way i got from the used forums but since our cdn dollar is so weak.. ramen and tuna program... at least for me that is , i still feed the women and children well though.

Haven’t had a chance to get mine dirty, yet, but I did oil the micarta to see how it would look...
p4SBAX4.jpg

I actually had a full week of nights off, between my old second job closing down, and starting another one. I was totally lazy the whole time. Lol! The new job is a local restaurant that also processes their own meat. If I get to do any butchering during the off-time, I’m going to bring the SMD with me, and cut some steaks. Maybe I can work up a nice patina like yours. Those teeth are still hungry for some oak, though!

Back