Say a line from your favorite films and we’ll guess it.

Easy one. But one of the greats nonetheless:

“When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail.”

Bonus: what knife did he carry?
Easy bonus 2: My tag line.

Big Trouble in Little China

fantastic movie and my last one was from Spaceballs

Minds blank for new quotes

Easy one. But one of the greats nonetheless:

“When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail.”

Bonus: what knife did he carry?
Easy bonus 2: My tag line.
Tac-II
Thought it was a Gerber Mark II but just looked it up to be sure. Been a while but one of my favorites, I use some of the lines occasionally, no one recognizes them anymore...

Here's an obscure quote:

"What do you think, I'm an alcoholic? I just like to start the day off in a good mood."
"You must be hilarious by noon."

"I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger....
...and those I am about to."

Doc to Ringo in Tombstone?

"Dying ain't much of a livin, boy"
No. I'm sorry. Right movie and quote-er. Just wrong recipient. It was actually Johnny Tyler Madcap. After Wyatt threw him out of the saloon and he was trying to sneak up on him with a shotgun.

No. I'm sorry. Right movie and quote-er. Just wrong recipient. It was actually Johnny Tyler Madcap. After Wyatt threw him out of the saloon and he was trying to sneak up on him with a shotgun.
Argh, Johnny Ringo was all I could think of.

It would be a crime if this one wasn’t posted:
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

But here’s one that’s a little harder, but not obscure:

“Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere. “

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

I think it was first in the "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart, then Blazing Saddles and a plethora of comedies.

Heres one-
"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"

It would be a crime if this one wasn’t posted:

But here’s one that’s a little harder, but not obscure:

“Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere. “
O' Brother Where Art Thou.

"They call me Mr. Tibbs."

"I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger....
...and those I am about to."
The Cowboys. Spoken by Roscoe Lee Brown as he sits on a horse with a noose about his neck.

Last edited:
Back