Saying Goodbye To Pappy

Thanks for the update.

I've already made sure the little woodcheckering tool he was kind enough to send to me is in a safe place.

He will be missed.

I did not know Pappy...but, we had something in common...
Condolences from The Sweet Family

a khuk, with proceeds going to Pappy's kinfolk? I'd be willing to do the etch for free, if it would drive the price up on the raffled khuk.

Just a thot.

Keith

I have been gone for a month... this is not a thread I expected to read.

I will always remember his stories and the time we spent outside the Dog and Duck.

Prayers.

:( Sad that Pappy is gone from us!
Happy for Pappy that he is in a better place with no more pain or suffering!:D

I’m still a newbie here so I didn’t know Pappy, but after reading your remarks about him, he must have been a really good man.
My condolences.

When I think of Pappy, I see him up in Heaven having a great time.

Death is not an ending, merly a new begining. God Bless!

Heber

Sad news...he and his family will be in my prayers. Best wishes on your journey Pappy.

Alan

I am truly saddened by Pappy's passing. I hope that his trip to the other side was peaceful. I know that the last leg of the journey of life on earth is dying, but damnit all I wish some folks were given more time. I would be willing to donate a Bura 15" Siru for Keith to do his magic to and have it raffled off. It has the old tooled scabbard but is missing the chape. Please let me know if this would work.

stevo

I don't have a paypal account. I'm behind the ball on this, with myself and three sons all sick yesterday- a real couch day.

I know some have already sent respects to Pappy's wife.
If no one with a pappay account steps forward, I'll cover the pledges.

Is a five dollar raffle ticket price about right?
I think Steveomiller's 15" Bura Sirupati is fine- the old tooled scabbard and Keith's brilliant stain work. Sounds like that's a pre Maoist, pre stroke Bura, too.

We'll see how this shapes up and start a sign up thread.

munk

I come back after half a year or so and find this. Man this sucks. Pappy really was one of the good guys.

he was more than a good guy; I'll tell you what he was to me:

for one thing- I believed him.
You can take that to your Grandma's lace and wonder

He was lonely.
I don't know why
There should have been many candidates for his admiration.
He was solid and honest in an age of bullshit

I knew if I was with him and trouble threatened he'd be there..
How? Well, I am nothing more than a simple son of a bitch who has wandered farther than anyone is supposed in this ..place
and Pappy was a Marine. Many here have told me what that means.. once served always a Marine
he was an honest word to me
he and I could talk
He had no doubt I'd defend his ass if anyone tried to hurt him: and don't ask me why- he just knew, and so did I. He offerred to drop my sick neighbor-like many of you did. All he needed was bus fare and permission; but I wouldn't give it- you see, and Pappy knew, my problems were my own.

He had khuks hid around his place in classic paranoia and I loved him for it because it reminded me of me and Rusty and many I can't help but care about- and that was Pappy-- he cared. He was an honest man lonely about strangers . He was my friend. I had a love for him, and he me. Yeah. friends are like that.
I have no idea why- many of you are more to package- yet he trusted my words, and I him his meaning. When Pappy said a thing you could believe a thing. We had that. But you knew him and had that yourselves...

I felt that Pappy and I could walk a while together- yeah, like many of my friends here
He knew it too.
I don't know why God makes these things but He does

How could I trust an internet personality when life is so hard and plastic and superficial?

That was easy- it was Jerry Peasley.
He made the wooden cross that adorns my desk. He made it from scraps. He didn't have much money.

I knew If I landed upon his doorstep he would take me in

and the Cross sits on my computer as i write
do you, do you , have any idea now why he was a friend of such a fool as I?

No, I doubt you do. But I hope you do.
This is the end of my eulogy of Mr Jerry. He was solid as a dream. He was solid as a hope. He could and would.

I have nothing to say- Jerry would laugh.

munk

I'll vouch that munk means every word he said. Or meant to say. In fact, he meant much more than he could say.

Damn it all to hell!

Back