Scagel Made Sheath

I have a collection of Scagel knives that are handmade by me. Recently, kinda been on a mission to put them in correct stlyle sheaths. Figured the only way to do that was to make one for each of my knives. Trying to only copy Scagel made sheaths and not ones made for VL&A Or A&F. Not trying to reach perfection in them and so they will be distressed looking....like my knives. Also, not trying to make perfect bench copies....just get the general flavor.

Finishing this one up today...little more fine tuning planned for tomorrow.

I have never seen a real Scagel sheath so can't speak to style but it does look well done.
Randy

Up here in Maine....James Julia auctioned off Jim Lucie's collection of knives, tools, and other memorabilia. They did a good job of detailing each piece in their auction catalog. Their you will find pics of each piece and a assessment of condition detailed with photographs. Many include sheaths...

Very nice Scagel style knives and sheaths, I like making Scagel style knives as well but have been preoccupied with several other things lately and haven't had much shop time lately.

I have a collection of Scagel knives that are handmade by me. Recently, kinda been on a mission to put them in correct stlyle sheaths. Figured the only way to do that was to make one for each of my knives. Trying to only copy Scagel made sheaths and not ones made for VL&A Or A&F. Not trying to reach perfection in them and so they will be distressed looking....like my knives. Also, not trying to make perfect bench copies....just get the general flavor.

Finishing this one up today...little more fine tuning planned for tomorrow.

Unless the back looks very different to the front, you might have a little bit of an issue with the belt loop on this one...

Very nice Scagel style knives and sheaths, I like making Scagel style knives as well but have been preoccupied with several other things lately and haven't had much shop time lately.
Wouldn't have anything to do with catching those big fish would it?

Wouldn't have anything to do with catching those big fish would it?
No, actually work and home improvement projects have been taking my time lately, but I should be getting freed up fairly soon.

Speaking of Scagel style Bird & Trout knives here is a knife and sheath I did a while back for a customer. I had a lot of other home improvement projects that needed attending to before I could get back into my shop. Right now I have seven blades on the work bench that I'm workin on.

IMG_0359.jpegIMG_0391.jpeg

This one was a old Nicholson file resurrection. Kind of just winged it with the sheath. Old Bakelite poker chips as spacers.

Nice looking knife, I used to make a lot of knives out of old Nicholson files, I switched over to the more modern tool steels.

Back