1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Scagel style hunter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Scott Hanson, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Hello everyone, I have for sale a Scagel style drop point hunter. It has a mirror polished cpm154 blade that is 3 1/2" long 5/32" thick and 7/8" wide, over all length is 8 1/2", the handle was left a bit proud to accommodate for the angled guard and the crown's irregular shape. The blade has been heat treated double tempered with cryo to HRc-61 (tested). The handle is whitetail crown with stacked horse hide, G10, and nickel silver spacers. The handle is also glued with marine G-Flex epoxy and pinned with a nickel silver pin, the guard is also nickel silver and soldered into place with no pin holes. The sheath is made of 9-10 oz. tooling leather and has a piece of kydex laminated into the back panel of the sheath for added protection to the wearer. The sheath also has a pig skin lining to prevent scratches to the blade. The price is SOLD shipped CONUS cannot be shipped to NY,NJ or CA. Thank for looking, feed back is welcome.
    IMG_2871.jpg IMG_2869.jpg IMG_2857.jpg IMG_2854.jpg IMG_2867.jpg IMG_2846.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Gigo

Gigo

Oct 13, 2008
    Do you ship international?

3. Allen207

Allen207

Jun 18, 2009
    Very nice, I love your Scagel style handles. Wish I had the $ for this great little knife.

4. NXPRSS

NXPRSS

Feb 15, 2015
    Definitely a nice looking knife!!!

5. rrbruzek

rrbruzek USA Hobby

Oct 17, 2014
    Wow! Beautiful. That finish.... amazing!

6. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    I have never shipped anything outside of the USA, I have imported things from overseas, but I have never been able to get anything made from animal parts shipped over here. You I trust, but I don't like idea of trying to ship something with stag and mammoth ivory through Customs. I would like to deal with but I need to look into shipping this overseas.

7. Eric Bosworth

Eric Bosworth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
    If you don't wind up shipping it out of the country, Ill take it..
    That is a fine looking knife. Eric

Allen207 likes this.
  8. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    This knife is SOLD, thank everyone for your consideration and kind words.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  9. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Very!! nice work Scott. The knife design is great and the soldering is as well done as it can be.
    Super Nice Job Man.

Scott Hanson likes this.
  10. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Thanks Alan, I appreciate it.

11. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    Well Done Scott its a beautiful knife! Serious Soldering!!

12. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Thanks Carl, I appreciate it.

13. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014