1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Scam Alert blainec86

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Beerman2982, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Beerman2982

Beerman2982 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 6, 2017
    I made a deal with blainec86 on March 17th for a Koenig Arius. I paid for the knife via PayPal a little over an hr after payment information was provided also provided my shipping address (although it was a G&S deal and was already provided). It was St. Patty’s day so I gave him a few days. I contacted him again on March 19th asking if he received the payment and got no response. At this time I contacted the forum about the issue. Finally on the 22nd I still hadn’t heard anything from him so I filed a PayPal dispute. That evening I get a message from him saying he had a family emergency and had just got back to town and was gonna ship the knife the next morning (23rd). So he we are on the 29th and he hasn’t attempted to make this deal right or even contact me about a refund or making things right. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON!

rexromic, MJ713, SharpTac and 3 others like this.
  2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
  3. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    I've not purchased from this member but I have corresponded with him in the past.

I think he might have been on vacation, can't quite recall, but he was not consistent with responding but he did eventually respond....

Your situation has travaled far outside of the norm. I would follow through with my PayPal dispute.

4. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE

Oct 31, 1998
    That's more than ample time to ship, I too would advise follow through with the PayPal dispute

5. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    It never ceases to amaze me how often "family emergencies" seem to correspond with someone owing money or a knife...............................

jbmonkey, Lapedog, Quiet and 16 others like this.
  6. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    When you don't have the means to pay or the product to ship, it becomes a "family emergency". Same thing happens to people's computers, they only work correctly when receiving funds...

Quiet and JD Mandrell like this.
  7. jceckrosh

jceckrosh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 2016
    Yeah, 12 days is unacceptable no matter what. If I sold a knife and my wife, or my son, were in the hospital, I could still get it in the mail in the morning before heading back there. That is a ridiculous delay.

Liberty43 likes this.
  8. Heirphoto

Heirphoto

Jun 13, 2007
    Since you can print a shipping label right from a Paypal G&S transaction there is really no excuse to not ship in a timely fashion

9. Beerman2982

Beerman2982 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Luckily I use PayPal credit for all my knife purchases and this was a G&S so I’m protected. Now that this is a claim they can’t charge me interest. This is the first time this has happened to me and have made transactions on here, IG, and YouTube. I am afraid this one destroyed my want for the Arius though.

SharpTac, skyhorse and Liberty43 like this.
  10. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Don't give up on getting an Arius just because of this, they're great knives. But as the others have said, escalate the claim and get your $$$ back.

Lance Leon, MJ713 and MechanixOfChaos like this.
  11. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Hope it works out in the end . Keep us posted .

XtianAus and TexMac like this.
  12. MJ713

MJ713 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2019
    He is trying to sale/scam now

13. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
  14. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
  15. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
  16. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Hot mess! Glad Boru is refereeing.

SharpTac and MJ713 like this.
  17. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Good job of warning, but so far it seems to no avail-unbelievable

MJ713 likes this.
  18. Chrisj1974

Chrisj1974 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Hi Guys

The thing is, I have previously purchased a Norseman #1262 from Blaine and that deal went OK, but still just a little wary as he does tend to drop off the radar quite regularly and there is a large cash outlay in question. He says he refunded the member for the Arius, so he defo needs to jump on this thread ASAP to clear his name because saying nothing will not make it go away!

Cheers
    Chris

GH9000 likes this.
  19. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    If you decide to go through with it, I suggest you use PP G&S and pay that with a credit card. You will likely be able to recover your money.
    So far the OP hasn't updated that he received a refund, and winning a PP dispute is not really the same.
    Also why didn't the seller mail the knife as promised?-no refund would be needed

benchwarmer380 and MJ713 like this.
  20. MJ713

MJ713 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    SharpTac likes this.