• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scam Alert blainec86

I made a deal with blainec86 on March 17th for a Koenig Arius. I paid for the knife via PayPal a little over an hr after payment information was provided also provided my shipping address (although it was a G&S deal and was already provided). It was St. Patty’s day so I gave him a few days. I contacted him again on March 19th asking if he received the payment and got no response. At this time I contacted the forum about the issue. Finally on the 22nd I still hadn’t heard anything from him so I filed a PayPal dispute. That evening I get a message from him saying he had a family emergency and had just got back to town and was gonna ship the knife the next morning (23rd). So he we are on the 29th and he hasn’t attempted to make this deal right or even contact me about a refund or making things right. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON!

I've not purchased from this member but I have corresponded with him in the past.

I think he might have been on vacation, can't quite recall, but he was not consistent with responding but he did eventually respond....

Your situation has travaled far outside of the norm. I would follow through with my PayPal dispute.

That's more than ample time to ship, I too would advise follow through with the PayPal dispute

It never ceases to amaze me how often "family emergencies" seem to correspond with someone owing money or a knife...............................

When you don't have the means to pay or the product to ship, it becomes a "family emergency". Same thing happens to people's computers, they only work correctly when receiving funds...

Yeah, 12 days is unacceptable no matter what. If I sold a knife and my wife, or my son, were in the hospital, I could still get it in the mail in the morning before heading back there. That is a ridiculous delay.

Luckily I use PayPal credit for all my knife purchases and this was a G&S so I’m protected. Now that this is a claim they can’t charge me interest. This is the first time this has happened to me and have made transactions on here, IG, and YouTube. I am afraid this one destroyed my want for the Arius though.

Luckily I use PayPal credit for all my knife purchases and this was a G&S so I’m protected. Now that this is a claim they can’t charge me interest. This is the first time this has happened to me and have made transactions on here, IG, and YouTube. I am afraid this one destroyed my want for the Arius though.

Don't give up on getting an Arius just because of this, they're great knives. But as the others have said, escalate the claim and get your $$$ back.

Hi Guys

The thing is, I have previously purchased a Norseman #1262 from Blaine and that deal went OK, but still just a little wary as he does tend to drop off the radar quite regularly and there is a large cash outlay in question. He says he refunded the member for the Arius, so he defo needs to jump on this thread ASAP to clear his name because saying nothing will not make it go away!

Cheers
Chris

Hi Guys

The thing is, I have previously purchased a Norseman #1262 from Blaine and that deal went OK, but still just a little wary as he does tend to drop off the radar quite regularly and there is a large cash outlay in question. He says he refunded the member for the Arius, so he defo needs to jump on this thread ASAP to clear his name because saying nothing will not make it go away!

Cheers
Chris
If you decide to go through with it, I suggest you use PP G&S and pay that with a credit card. You will likely be able to recover your money.
So far the OP hasn't updated that he received a refund, and winning a PP dispute is not really the same.
Also why didn't the seller mail the knife as promised?-no refund would be needed

Back