• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Scam ALERT!!! Russel Freeman

Monofletch

Basic Member
I made a trade deal with Russel Freeman on 3/16. I shipped because I had more than one deal going. He did say he couldn’t ship until Friday/Saturday. No problem.
It’s 3/27 and still has not shipped. The problem is that he appears to be trying to trade the Manix 2 I sent him. Now I find out that he offered the SAME knives that I am suppose to get to another member TODAY!!! Bad- very bad!!

@Russell Freeman YOU OWE ME A MANIX 2 or the other end of the deal!!

If for some reason he makes good I will post here but I won’t hold my breath!!!

Says his age is 18.

Not sure if that’s true or not.

Low post count too. You gotta be super careful who you trade with.

Certainly smells like a scam to me.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-ocelot.1651968/#post-18898110

He's offering the Manix for trade in the thread above. bralexander bralexander can you confirm that he offered you the knives that were previously traded to John above?

Yes, that is correct!

oWy0Bj5.jpg

Mc5QKwz.jpg

vnJ8tH0.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes . This one is certainly not looking too good . Can't wait to see what he says . Sorry, no one deserves this nonsense .

5 posts total it appears, all in trades. :rolleyes: Thanks to BF again for the ignore function. :thumbsup:

I don't know if a moderator has read this yet, but it would seem appropriate to limit Russel Freeman's activity on the exchange until he has addressed this problem. We certainly don't want this to expand to others if it can be helped.
Just my opinion

You never sell the items you receive in a trade before the other party has your items and confirms they are fine with the trade. If the trade has to be reversed you no longer have the goods to return.
Hope it works out for you Mono-we will see.
and thanks for notifying us

Nor as pointed out to me do you sell or trade the goods you were suppose to send in the original trade. There is no excuse for that.

Last edited:
At best Russel Freeman is using some very poor techniques. Honest or not you never sell the items you receive in a trade before the other party has your items and confirms they are fine with the trade. If the trade has to be reversed you no longer have the goods to return.
Hope it works out for you Mono-we will see.
and thanks for notifying us
Unfortunately it was more nefarious than that... He offered me knives that were supposed to already be in the mail to Monofletch Monofletch
Bruce

Back