• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Scammer ElDriguez. Takes money, runs away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not familiar with Apple Pay other than knowing it exists. Is there any recourse through Apple Pay?

(I know, since it is Apple, it is a silly question....)

If you have his full name and home town, you can try calling the county's Sheriff Department. If he lives in a state where the felony theft threshold is still $300, they may go knock on his door. I've had success with this once in the past.

If you have his full name and home town, you can try calling the county's Sheriff Department. If he lives in a state where the felony theft threshold is still $300, they may go knock on his door. I've had success with this once in the past.
With a 909 area code it looks like that’s Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties. Unfortunately that’s a $950 threshold in California. Great idea though and a baller move.

A bad situation, you must always be vigilant, in a difficult situation you can ask to post a photo of the knife and the seller's nickname (if he is not a Photoshop virtuoso), then the fake is easy to figure out. Or you can do this (if you really want this knife) ask a comrade in the knife community from this city where this knife is on sale, so that a person in real situation, live to buy a knife for you (agree on this) or inspect this knife. And in general, cheap prices for knives (mint, near mint) are always suspicious. I hope I wrote it clearly. Good luck to all!

Sheesh. Yes it was a non-guaranteed exchange of cash using Apple Pay. Just checked my log, and I have 23 successful web board / facebook knife purchases using this method with this being the first thievery. So after sending just over $10,000 I am out $340. Sucks yes.

Via various firearms forums my approximately $9,500 Nighthawk collection build was all F&F or non-guaranteed funds.

Most of us aren't grifters.

Shame on me.

FWIW Microtech Stitch is for sale here if you want to buy it: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1755395

And yet, here you are, having been ripped off and copping an attitude...:rolleyes:

Cute. Next time just post the link.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/microtech-combat-troodon-d-e.1741133/#post-19911540

He/she is still using this email: srod661 @ Gmail.com

You win brother. Can I send you $340 via PP F&F? DM me your deats
Hopefully you get your funds back but more importantly, with all the money you spend online, hopefully you learn the lesson to do better research and to protect yourself when paying.

The point of this thread was to post feedback and warnings about the grifter. I didn't post it for advice, but I appreciate the folks trying to help.

craytab craytab I've had an online board presence since 1988 via Usenet so I've become a bit curmudgeonly which you describe as acting irritably. The reaction came from the holier-than-thou I'm so much smarter than you copped attitudes. Life comes with risks and sometime you lose. I don't buy anything via anonymous internet connections for more than I can afford to lose. Like when we go to Las Vegas we set limits. Same for buying trinkets online it's a gamble. If I had the success ratio I've had buying from strangers on line at the tables in Vegas, I'd buy out PVK.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

The point of this thread was to post feedback and warnings about the grifter. I didn't post it for advice, but I appreciate the folks trying to help.

craytab craytab I've had an online board presence since 1988 via Usenet so I've become a bit curmudgeonly which you describe as acting irritably. The reaction came from the holier-than-thou I'm so much smarter than you copped attitudes. Life comes with risks and sometime you lose. I don't buy anything via anonymous internet connections for more than I can afford to lose. Like when we go to Las Vegas we set limits. Same for buying trinkets online it's a gamble. If I had the success ratio I've had buying from strangers on line at the tables in Vegas, I'd buy out PVK.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!
Okay then, good luck!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

Listen to what Captiva is saying; he just came here to warn us, he is not looking for help, advice or pity.

Captiva, you old curmudgeon, you do you, bro, and if a $340 hit ain't but a thang to you, it ain't to me either, yo... PM me if you can spare another benji or two, I'll not promise you anything for the money, because I just don't steal.

For the rest of you all, let the broken hulls of these sunken ships protruding from the waves serve as a lesson, and an aid to navigation... (or in other words, don't trust hardly ANYBODY.)

With a 909 area code it looks like that’s Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties. Unfortunately that’s a $950 threshold in California. Great idea though and a baller move.

"Number Portability" for some 25 years means you can take your telephone number, including Area Code, almost anywhere in the U.S. for no additional charge (Not "free." Nothing is free. The policiticians make the telephone companies pay for it, and they pass the cost on the all customers when they can - so it''s the expense of others.) It belongs to you by federal law.

Well that's some good news (that he's banned) although it's amidst people fussing with each other for no good reason. Dude lost some money, but I think he will go on. continuing to trust people. And for that, a big :thumbsup:

Well that's some good news (that he's banned) although it's amidst people fussing with each other for no good reason. Dude lost some money, but I think he will go on. continuing to trust people. And for that, a big :thumbsup:
Yeah, no. So what if the OP doesn't mind losing $300+. Unless people enjoy handing money over to scammers, do not act as the OP of this thread. That is the lesson here.

I'm obviously not the OP, don't want to be the OP, and I'm not trying to put words in the OP's mouth. The OP posted here to report a scammer and then as usual, people jumped all over his shit talking about what THEY would do, would have done, never would do and it became about money and how infuriated they are that the OP didn't insist on PP G&S so he would have some recourse.

So, I'm not too sure why you're chiming in here talking like you know it all better than anyone else reading this thread and you're going to school me on something. Please don't waste your time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm obviously not the OP, don't want to be the OP, and I'm not trying to put words in the OP's mouth. The OP posted here to report a scammer and then as usual, people jumped all over his shit talking about what THEY would do, would have done, never would do and it became about money and how infuriated they are that the OP didn't insist on PP G&S so he's had some recourse.

So, I'm not too sure why you're chiming in here talking like you know it all better than anyone else reading this thread and you're going to school me on something. Please don't waste your time. :thumbsup:
Nah, just making sure that the take away here doesn't get muddled.

craytab craytab the takeaway (for you only) is that you are telling me what to do, how to act, and how to feel and I am ignoring you 100% unless you have a Microtech Stitch Apocalytpic Full Serrated 169-11AP for sale.

The takeaway for the less enlightened is not to deal with:

Name/s: Steven Rodriguez
Username/s: Rusty_Shackleford661 tank23 ElDriguez
Email srod661@gmail.com or quilesjohana@gmail.com
+1-909-570-7389

Please close thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back