Scandi Group Buy *Chat Thread*

VANCE VANCE
For those of us who cannot participate while at work: This is opening at 1p on Wednesday, how long will it be open? Thanks.

@NOLA, hopefully that Jig was properly made eh? Guess we know which grind is better now Scandi (Tons of GB options) or Convex (4 Options)...........

VANCE VANCE great idea again, I've got to go through all the Scandi pictures on the forum back to the beginning to make my decision.

Is OD canvas ever going to be an option?

Only asking because I’d be willing to wait for OD to be available.....
its really not an material we always keep on hand. In perspective, we dont get too many requests for it outside that tall fella from Co. :)
I can check in to it tomorrow. im not even sure where we get it from.
VANCE VANCE
For those of us who cannot participate while at work: This is opening at 1p on Wednesday, how long will it be open? Thanks.
it will be open for a few days

David L David L
sure, we have the pattern, it's in the BH family and will work well with our scandi jig

VANCE VANCE long shot question here... any chance you would accept an order for a CPM154 arete that was convex instead of Scandi? Kinda my dream knife and kinda thinking this is my best chance to get it

its really not an material we always keep on hand. In perspective, we dont get too many requests for it outside that tall fella from Co. :)
I can check in to it tomorrow. im not even sure where we get it from.

it will be open for a few days

David L David L
sure, we have the pattern, it's in the BH family and will work well with our scandi jig

A glimmer of hope for the tall fella in CO! :D It's such a good looking handle material! You guys should use it more often.

VANCE VANCE with tomorrow closing in is the Bush Hermit Jr. (Med template from the pictures you posted) one of the possible options for the scandi GB?
Can you link the template pictures? I'm having trouble finding them again... :confused:

Just so I'm clear, when you make a "COMMANDO" handle, is its final outside thickness the same as one with liners & pinstripes or does it end up thinner?

Just so I'm clear, when you make a "COMMANDO" handle, is its final outside thickness the same as one with liners & pinstripes or does it end up thinner?
it is thinner.
you are starting with .090" difference per side. So.... .18" total (almost 3/16")less material

Phillip - I am hoping to make the scandi list today. I have a Surls Patch from Orion and am hoping to match scale combo. OD canvas micarta over natural with blue pinstripes. Can you produce that liner combo? RU offering all 3x sizes in new BH series? What are the base prices for largest ($275) mid and smallest?

1bZKzeE.jpg

Back