Scandi Group Buy *Chat Thread*

im pretty sure he was joking on the last one. it's not on the list
I would take one if it were an option! Figured since the Bushfinger is an option that the Bushnub might be also. From what you mentioned about the jig, it seems like it should be able to handle the Bushnub since its not any taller than the Bushfinger blade. Thoughts?

Question I meant to ask earlier but forgot: What exactly would the slab sides of a CPM154 scandi blade look like?? If it were A2, I can easily picture nice dark/light contrasting spalting. Would the whole side of the CPM154 be Fiddletextured?

I would take one if it were an option! Figured since the Bushfinger is an option that the Bushnub might be also. From what you mentioned about the jig, it seems like it should be able to handle the Bushnub since its not any taller than the Bushfinger blade. Thoughts?

Question I meant to ask earlier but forgot: What exactly would the slab sides of a CPM154 scandi blade look like?? If it were A2, I can easily picture nice dark/light contrasting spalting. Would the whole side of the CPM154 be Fiddletextured?
im not sure. Andy took a pen and piece of paper and looked at our "wall-o-patterns" and complied the list. When folks started mentioning models not on the list I asked him why they were omitted and reported back here my findings:)
EDIT TO ADD
ill check tomorrow and see if Andy needs to amend his list to include the BN & BNII

the entire blade will be fiddle textured prior to heat treat

what i do know for sure, im probably going to have an anxiety attack over this GB

Last edited:
im not sure. Andy took a pen and piece of paper and looked at our "wall-o-patterns" and complied the list. When folks started mentioning models not on the list I asked him why they were omitted and reported back here my findings:)
EDIT TO ADD
ill check tomorrow and see if Andy needs to amend his list to include the BN & BNII

the entire blade will be fiddle textured prior to heat treat

what i do know for sure, im probably going to have an anxiety attack over this GB
Thanks for checking!

You might have an anxiety attack but think of the nice bit of cash flow that will hopefully go along with it. ;) Let me know if you need help keeping anything straight.

I'm surprised the bow legged joe family wasn't included.

ive already checked on that and its a no go
sorry
Yeah, I double-checked and triple-checked the list for poor little bushboot....I understand why it doesn't lend itself to a scandi-grind, though. Makes sense. Still not sure why the Lil Lady can't be scandi-ground.

Full disclosure that I'm a bit slow. Just figured out there are different size Bush Hermits...
Phillip, is the 'default' bush hermit the large one and is this the same as the 2016 era bush hermit (e.g. the one I already own - 2016 0916 16 – Bush Hermit w/ masur birch)? I can't measure because I'm not where my knives are...
Anyway... if yes, then I would like to keep my order as is (2 large) but also add 1 small osage CPM154 and 1 medium osage CPM154. 4BH's total.
Gawd I hope this makes some shred of sense.
Thank you.

Full disclosure that I'm a bit slow. Just figured out there are different size Bush Hermits...
Phillip, is the 'default' bush hermit the large one and is this the same as the 2016 era bush hermit (e.g. the one I already own - 2016 0916 16 – Bush Hermit w/ masur birch)? I can't measure because I'm not where my knives are...
Anyway... if yes, then I would like to keep my order as is (2 large) but also add 1 small osage CPM154 and 1 medium osage CPM154. 4BH's total.
Gawd I hope this makes some shred of sense.
Thank you.
dedery
the default is the OG Bush Hermit aka Full size now
I put you down for the other 2 sizes as well

thanks!

Topic: Delivery Time Frame & Strategery (not sure how Mr Bush spells it??)

Most GBs are limited to 20 and the general target is about a month. Since this one was opened up to no limits for the whole GB or per person, and since there are so many options, you'd have to think Phillip's head is going to be near 'sploding about now. :)

Another aspect is that the $$ output by the buyer could be taxing all at one time.

To help both the buyer and maker, I'd offer that this might be best tackled in GB batches where the 1st batch would include knives for buyers of 1 knife + knives that are 1st choice for buyers of multiple knives. That would make delivery in GB chunks easier and would spread out the $$ output for the buyers of multiple knives.

Example:
Choppa buys 5 knives
Warrior buys 2 knives
Drew buys 1 knife

The 1st batch to go out would include Drew's knife, Warrior's 1st preference, Choppa's 1st preference
The 2nd batch to go out would include Warrior's 2nd preference, Choppa's 2nd preference and depending how many there are, maybe 1 or more for Choppa
And so on ...

Just some thoughts for you Phillip

First off. A big thank you to VANCE VANCE @Fiddleback and crew for doing such and awesome group buy. Opening this up to so many knives and material options was quite a treat for all of us I would say. The response IMO was amazing and no doubt will have your hands full fulfilling these on top of dealer knives and our beloved Fiddleback Friday events!! As to Warrior108 Warrior108 idea, bottom line if for some reason you guys see a way to do this that doesn't crush your brain cells (good luck) and it means I don't get all three of mine at the same time, I am totally good with that. I think anyone who jumped on this buy (all of which are solid Fiddleback Forge followers) would agree and would be happy to get their knives one by one or all together. I think we're all on board with how you want to do this. WAIT!! for those of you in disagreement, don't cuss me out. LOL. I'm just saying I'm good from my end. :cool:

Thanks every one that participated in this EPIC group buy.

this is going to take some serious planning

my head is about to 'splode

im also outta the shop and headed to the Gulf :eek:
2v2JMsJprxurAoi.jpg

Echoing what others have said, thanks for this amazing GB opportunity!
With the sheer magnitude of knives that will have to be made, organized, accounted and paid for, I’m sure the folks that got in on this GB won’t have any problem waiting patiently for our knives to roll out of the shop in due time, in whatever order works best for y’all. **With the exception of @jaz322 and I, whose Ladyfingers should probably be done first, just to get those out of the way.....:p:D:D;)

Just because I was really curious, totals from the main order thread. I did this quickly so it might not be exact....

Bushfinger x2
Kephart x4
Monarch x1
Bush Hermit x7
Bush Hermit (mid) x4
Bush Hermit (small) x1
KEB x4
OS Karda x2
Bush Karda x1
Toboggan x1
OS Ladyfinger x1
Ladyfinger x1
Esquire x3
Elf x1
Handyman x4
Terassaur x1
D Hump x1
BC Karda x1

DIW x12
Osage x12
OD x8
Natural Micarta x2
Black Micarta x6

A2 x21
CPM 154 x19

And...the most popular combination was...Bush Hermit A2 Osage (x4)

Thank you everyone at Fiddleback for making this happen!!

Last edited:
Just because I was really curious, totals from the main order thread. I did this quickly so it might not be exact....

Bushfinger x2
Kephart x4
Monarch x1
Bush Hermit x7
Bush Hermit (mid) x4
Bush Hermit (small) x1
KEB x4
OS Karda x2
Bush Karda x1
Toboggan x1
OS Ladyfinger x1
Ladyfinger x1
Esquire x3
Elf x1
Handyman x4
Terassaur x1
D Hump x1
BC Karda x1

DIW x12
Osage x12
OD x8
Natural Micarta x2
Black Micarta x6

A2 x19
CPM 154 x21

And...the most popular combination was...Bush Hermit A2 Osage (x4)

Thank you everyone at Fiddleback for making this happen!!
I changed my CPM154 to A2 with Phillip before thread close time today. I figured that the spalting will have better contrast with the A2 steel.

Back