Scary Looking Folders

Tsujigiri

Gold Member
I always hear people talking about how they look for sheeple friendly knives for edc. On the flip side, what production folders would you all consider to be the least sheeple friendly and most scary looking? Pics if you can post them, thanks...

Jim wagner Reality based blade by Boker.... Not the greatest knife, but man....it's just screams I'm going to stab you.

The spyderco civilian is a nasty bugger.
(Not my picture)
attachment.php

So is the matriarch
M2.jpg

Attachments

• SPYDERCO CIVILIAN.jpg
    SPYDERCO CIVILIAN.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,285
Cold Steel Vaquero Grande.

On the other hand, I was using a Vaquero to cut back thornbushes on a local trail, and a young girl coming home from school was so glad to see the thorns gone, she didn't even flinch at the knife.

That civilian looks so retarded it's not even funny....what a dumb blade shape.

That civilian looks so retarded it's not even funny....what a dumb blade shape.

Why do you say that? I think it looks like it would make an effective slasher.

which is exactly what it was designed for. The original premise behind the knife was a backup weapon for undercover law enforcement who could not carry a firearm in certain situations. The matriarch was developed as a smaller lightweight self defense knife for IIRC South Africans. Both were intended to be used as instinctive slashing weapons by people with little to no knife training. Coupled with the James Keating training DVD the Civilian/Matriarch are quite effective self defense tools.

It's the knife of EEEVILLLE.....

MuHAHA...

Attachments

• CSSt 005.JPG
    CSSt 005.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Why do you say that? I think it looks like it would make an effective slasher.

Again I restate it....IT LOOKS retarded. The thing looks dumb as all hell, I mean sure it has it's purpose but looking like a cool or decent knife isn't one of them.

I third the motion. Motion carried. :)

The Cold Steel Rajahs, I & II. They are so big and when they "Clunk" open with authority, heads turn...
People wonder where that much knife suddenly appeared from and it has the kopis shape to it to boot.
I know when I carry Rajah II around and someone asks for a knife, if I hand them that they generally do a double take.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
I enjoy waving my Rajah 1. Mine carries flat and very unobtrusively in a pair of shorts with a Hawaiian shirt over top. It snaps open like a .22 short. Always good for a little attention when waved open. :D

Anyone remember the REKAT Sifu?
CIMG2282.jpg

I always thought this one screamed "you are gonna get messed up:D"

Last edited:
The spyderco civilian is a nasty bugger.
(Not my picture)
attachment.php

So is the matriarch
M2.jpg

To people who commented on the 'retarded look':

It looks perfectly functional to me, provided you know it’s function. The only thing that makes it look different from knives for gardening or fishing is the recurve.

Come to thing of it, I used to own a gardening knife with a similar blade form.

I was told by a friend yesterday who spoke of a co-worker who's getting three days off from his job because he was showing another co-worker how his Emerson worked coming out of his pocket with a "wave" . Apparently, another gentlemen saw this and reported it to management as a "threatening issue". Ok...first of all, yeah, the guy shouldn't have done the demo on the job where it was seen like that but, secondly, what kind of a guy would run a tattle-tale over something like this?? My Gawd...are we starting to lose the testosterone levels in the male society these days or what?:confused::mad::grumpy:

The Cold Steel Espada is also pretty menacing. It's huge and has a rather unfriendly blade shape.

I personally think it looks awesome, but I also wouldn't dream of carrying it and taking it out in public.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Cold Steel is very well represented in this thread! :)

Last edited:
I think in some crowds a Vic Farmer would look threatening.

Any time I pull any kind of folder out of my front pocket it gets stares (unless I'm in a small group of friends) - it doesn't have to be evil looking.

I third the motion. Motion carried. :)

I always thought it looked extremely threatening, :eek: but I guess not everyone thinks so.

I was always curious about the Civilian and finally did some reading about it recently. I was impressed. It's design has some specifics that make it very effective for its intended use.

I think the Microtech Vector is a scary looking folder...

MicrotechVector.jpg

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Back