1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 20 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker BO734 Urban Trapper Cocobolo, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday May 18!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, May 19 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/
  3. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Scary Looking Folders

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Tsujigiri, Aug 22, 2010.

1. noodlefish

noodlefish

Jan 21, 2009
    we are, its very very sad.

2. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Especially scary to sheeple when you gravity snap it open - which is quite easy with this knife.

It's supposed to make us laugh cuz it's a fantasy blade & so tacticlol. :) On 2nd thought I bet they'd hit the deck in a busy bank or Post Ofice if you whipped that stupid contraption out. :D

3. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    Thankfully its no fantasy I've ever had....and not even a nightmare:eek:

I doubt you can "whip" that thing out....I think it's basically a crew knife...3 required for deployment. :D

Ok...off to check my testosterone level.

4. rogerschrisj

rogerschrisj

Apr 8, 2010
    How about the Cold Steel Desperado! Talk about blade to handle ratio. Oh, and the MOAB. will someone please post a picture of these.

5. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    My one off waved double edged Police.

[​IMG]

CS Black Talon... waved.

[​IMG]

CS Spartan modded by TheCarbideRat.

[​IMG]

6. Ronindan

Ronindan

Apr 30, 2010
    Please refer to line 15 please. :D

7. mesoscopic

mesoscopic

May 3, 2006
    Does this look threatening to Non-Knife People?

[​IMG]

8. blade1981

blade1981

Jun 25, 2009
    i took out my rajah 3 at the park the other day to cut a piece of fishing line that had wrapped around my foot and a guy walking by jumped backwards when i flipped it open.i laughed like hell all day about it

9. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    How about the old REKAT Pocket Hobbit?
    [​IMG]

10. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    The chinook 3 seems scary enough to NKP.

11. lava_lamp

lava_lamp Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2006
    I cut out a newspaper ad with my Strider SMF once and my sis-in-law started screeching like I was gonna stab her...

12. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I agree that the Vaquero Grande is a scary looking knife. When Tactical Knives magazine had it on their cover quite a few years ago the reviewer said that someday, just the look of that knife would save somebody's life.
    The school girl episode also reinforces something I've believed for quite a while; if people see you using a knife for a socially useful purpose they'll have no trouble with it, no matter how aggressive it looks. [I use my Vaguero Grande for hacking brambles all the time and it's excellent at it]

13. stealthchaser13

stealthchaser13

May 22, 2010
    how about the mantis Siko..

Unfortunately

Lessons of My Father: "Depussification"

It makes Knife people laugh...it would make non-knife people do a number 1 or 2 (if not both) in their pants, while they are in the process of calling 911 anyone who would be carrying it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  14. elvis.alive

elvis.alive

May 19, 2010
    I second the CS Espada and Black Talon. Actually, pretty much everything of theirs 4" and up!

And CarbideRat, your Spartan mod looks awesome. If I ever get one, it's going off to you. If you're still doing your thing, of course. Compensation will be involved...

15. desmobob

desmobob

May 5, 2003
    Sure... it looks scary enough, but "Pocket Hobbit"? :jerkit:

That cracks me up! What a name! :D

Stay sharp,
    desmobob

16. applevalleyjoe

applevalleyjoe

Aug 18, 2010
    Well, I know what this is for: This is an otoloryngologist's tool for nose jobs :D

17. TheCarbideRat

TheCarbideRat Banned BANNED

Sep 10, 2008
    _____________________^^^ :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:^^^_____________________________

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  18. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    My Benchmade LFK is pretty intimidating.

19. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    No doubt!

I always thought the LFK looked good but never ran one down because of the linerlock and that tail end thingamabob that sticks out when you close it. I've never owned a BM Rukus but I like the axis lock and think that would be their scariest large knife. Yes/no?

20. J_Curd

J_Curd Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Toyz
    Gold Member

You'll have that.