1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Scary Looking Folders

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Tsujigiri, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Joben

Joben

May 22, 2009
    Spyderco Civilian makes my stomach lurch whenever I even see pictures of it and I love knives.

Probably the scariest looking knife i have is my Byrd Crossbill serrated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cziv

cziv

Nov 24, 2005
    Uhmm...equally lurchable. :)

3. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    Some knives I own that might be considered scary-looking:

An old Benchmade AFCK with black blade that some might thing is scary.

SS Spyderco Police with fully-serrated edge, and SE Harpy.

Cold Steel Voyager XL w/ clip point.

SOG Pentagon Elite.

Emerson CQC7 and Commander.

Honestly, to some people, any knife looks scary. I once had some woman have a minor freak-out when she saw me cutting some paper with the tiny scissors on my Victorinox Classic. These types of people flip-out at anything sharper than car keys, no matter how benign the design might be.
    Jim

4. Dagon

Dagon

Nov 12, 2007
    Some that weren't mentioned:

Pohl Force Alpha Three (my non-tanto Alpha One is actually a really good ├╝berfolder):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Fox FKMD Bantay:
    [​IMG]

Boker Plus Karambit:
    [​IMG]

Spyderco Shabaria, which I always considered just as badass as the Civilian, but with more style (actually not comfortable in the hand):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. KeithAM

KeithAM

Dec 15, 2003
    Lacks skull.

6. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Thank you, you just broke my ribs. :D

7. Kyui Su Kim

Kyui Su Kim Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Yeppers, got it way back when from some fella at the Indy 1500. Never really carried it, just take it out, admire it, and stick it back in the pack.