Scary Looking Folders

Spyderco Civilian makes my stomach lurch whenever I even see pictures of it and I love knives.

Probably the scariest looking knife i have is my Byrd Crossbill serrated.

hawkbills.jpg

crossbillreverse.jpg

Spyderco Civilian makes my stomach lurch whenever I even see pictures of it and I love knives.

Probably the scariest looking knife i have is my Byrd Crossbill serrated.

hawkbills.jpg

crossbillreverse.jpg

Uhmm...equally lurchable. :)

Some knives I own that might be considered scary-looking:

An old Benchmade AFCK with black blade that some might thing is scary.

SS Spyderco Police with fully-serrated edge, and SE Harpy.

Cold Steel Voyager XL w/ clip point.

SOG Pentagon Elite.

Emerson CQC7 and Commander.

Honestly, to some people, any knife looks scary. I once had some woman have a minor freak-out when she saw me cutting some paper with the tiny scissors on my Victorinox Classic. These types of people flip-out at anything sharper than car keys, no matter how benign the design might be.
Jim

Some that weren't mentioned:

Pohl Force Alpha Three (my non-tanto Alpha One is actually a really good überfolder):
5176.jpg
5177.jpg

Fox FKMD Bantay:
38_2.jpg

Boker Plus Karambit:
3622.jpg

Spyderco Shabaria, which I always considered just as badass as the Civilian, but with more style (actually not comfortable in the hand):
spyderco_amsterdammeet2010_prototype_shabaria.jpg

Last edited:
I nominate the 2010 BF Tacticlol Collaboration Knife!

Name: Screeching War Eagle of Furious Righteous Vengeance

1) Blade Length: An impressive Laser-honed 12 inches of tear quenched steel

2) Steel: TQS-440AWE (Tear Quenched Steel 440 Awesome)

3) Coating: Double Black

4) Blade Type: Serrated Serrations with Sawtooth Spine

5) Blade Inscription: "Quenched in the tears of a thousand terrorists" (gold or silver)

6) Handle: Full tang with G-20 slabs and staggered, 1/4" wide sharkskin overlays, includes compasses. Handle also houses ( 2 ) awesome death dealing, rear folding blades. Deployed by hidden IR early warning system.

7) Feature filled handle wrapped in the finest brass knuckles, with spikes and and a fine stonewash with patina

8) Handguards with SS razor tipped anchors

9) Ballistic, tactical, titanium corkscrew. Ti beer opener w/optional pull through emergency blade sharpener

10) Red dot aiming system

11) Triple.. no wait quadro-heat treaded edge

12) Heat treated sharpened liners - use for backup emergency blade

13) Sheath with DNA recognition lock, friend or foe (FoF) system

14) DNA recognition lock on all tactical features of this knife

15) High density (depleted and safe for use) Ai pommel spike with internal gyroscopic guidance system that faciliates precise impact strikes

16) Tactical chain lanyard with tow/gut hook

975851017_WNn4V-XL.jpg

Lacks skull.

I think about this knife everytime I am looking for a large folder. Too bad they stopped making it. I have looked for hours for one without any luck. Is that yours? Nice knife!:thumbup:

Yeppers, got it way back when from some fella at the Indy 1500. Never really carried it, just take it out, admire it, and stick it back in the pack.

Back