Schrade Eye Candy from Down Under

lrv

Larry H has asked that I put these up for him. He promised us all pictures when they arrived. I think the wait was worth it.

P5030001.jpg

P5030002.jpg

P5030003.jpg

P5030004.jpg

P5030005.jpg

P5030006.jpg

P5030008.jpg

P5030009.jpg

P5030010.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: What a collection! not much to say, too busy looking at the pictures, well done Larry H, thanks to Larry V for putting up the pics.
:thumbup:

Great Eye Candy by the way!

Does anyone have info on the Ser# on the 906 can piercer? My Craftsman version does not have one (plus it has a different shield. The plain elongated Schrade shield)

Damn, I'm about as green with envy as it's possible for a person to be! BEAUTIFUL collection!

AMAZING ! i love my Schrade collection but don't have anything that compares with most of those minty beauties. Mr. Aussie, how does one find SO MANY old (like Schrade Cut. Co. esp.) minty knives with their original bling ? the few i have look like hurricane survivors, i.e. rusted ++. roland

definitely some of the most beautiful schrades Ive seen so far.
thanks for sharing this beautiful collection with us.

Many thanks lrv. Isn't it amazing the CutCo 2203 3/4 from the 30's? is so similar to the 2OT and 3OT examples from 1959? Really only differences is the smooth <slick> bone instead of the stag bone.The removal of the 'Federal' or Bomb Shield.Apart from the 3OT which has small nail nick on the sheepfoot blade the Cutco shares the identical "French" nick with the 2OT's on the Clip Master blade.The word Schrade on bottom bolster was replaced with Old Timer... there is no designated number etched on the Cutco like the pile side etch 2OT and 3OT.....so it took 30 odd years to reintroduce to the line up.Interestingly Schrade re-introduced the smooth or slick bone for the Heritage line up in the 80's.
To sum up from Codger's research the 2OT was pattern #126,127. The 3OT #181,183 the Craftsman shield 2OT was Sears #9530.Cutco # 2203 3/4.
I put the old Schrade Walden 8OT's up as I was going to compare with that 'Bone' 8OT photo Larry put up in previous thread. I believe the swedge is even longer on that Bone 8OT and the Match Strike nail nick is longer by about 4 strikes on that bone 8OT <if you care to count> ..so there were a number of differences between the genuine bone and the Meerschaum ""bone"" 8OT's from 1959 and early 1960's IMHO. Hoo Roo.

Post Script: Schrade did a "prototype" in 1959 of the 2OT where they had identical bomb shield and bone stag scales to the 2203 3/4 and simply had Old Timer on bottom bolster but it did not get to production preferring to run with the ""newer"" 2OT models above.It also had the 4 pins same as 2203 3/4 instead of the 3 pins of 2OT I believe from looking at the photo of one.

Last edited:
Just bringing this post up again for Grey Menace who just asked for details on 906 American Army Officers Knife, There are 6 photos of 906 and details in this post. Hoo Roo

AMAZING!!!! That military knife is unbelievable!!! Way, Way ahead of its time in my opnion, Maybe some of the greatest pieces I have ever seen. Thanks a ton for showing us this stuff. - Joel

Bringing up this thread for Ozzie18 who asked about the Jigged bone 2OT. It is actually the predecessor of the 2OT being a Schrade Cut Co 2203 3/4 from the 1930's. You can see how Schrade really didnt change much in 1959 to create the "New" Old Timer Series. Note it had 4 pins whilst the 2OT and 3OT had 3 pins, and it had Schrade on bottom bolster later to be replaced by 'Old Timer" Hoo Roo

Last edited:
Thanks to both Larry's for the photos and information.
It took me awhile to respond because I had to pick myself up off of the floor.
Absolutely Awesome collection of knives! ozzie

..... i dont need any more as at last count of 2OT's.....only 900 odd Craftsman 2OT's ever made so I wonder how many remain today?....thats only the 4th I have ever seen....mine,Codger had one,Paul Australia has one and the one just sold....good value for a knife so rare in my opinion....
I mainly bumped this up for Pygmalion and his Schradequest..the 2203 3/4 Schrade Cut Co which is the direct predecessor <from the 1930's> of the 2OT Old Timer Series from 1959 is featured here....Hoo Roo

P.S. The second and fourth knives in those 2OT photos <2OT & 3OT> were in Herman Williams< whom you've been discussing> personal collection and came from the Wall Collection he helped set up. Those are the actual knives photographed in Sargents #2 Edition from the late 80's....

Last edited:
Back