Schrade Fixed Blades!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Not a fixed blade kind of guy, I appeal to you who know!! What's the story with this one??
It has a nice set of clothes!!:)
What's PH stand for?? I assume the + sign indicates Schrade's stainless!
The sheath must be of chrome-tanned leather as verdigris forms readily on the brass "guard"!!
Please assume ignorance on my folder-soaked part, and tell me anything you know, and by all means show us your Fixed-blade Schrades!!:D
PH2 1.jpg PH2 2.jpg

Schrade-Walden 138L Bowie Hunter made for Sears.
Craftsman%2520-%2520Schrade%2520138L%2520%282%29.JPG

Last edited:
The ‘PH’ in PH2 is for ‘Pro Hunter’. There’s also a PH1. The PH1 is, as I understand it, derived from an earlier collaboration between Schrade and Bob Loveless (with a model number of RL2 or RL-2, as I recall).

The PH2 is a smaller version of the PH1.

I have a PH1 and a couple of PH2s. One of those PH2s has done a decent job of cleaning fish for me on occasion.

EDIT:
Here's a photo of my PH2s:
I8jsEfk.jpg

Note that the sheath at the bottom is the original Schrade, while the top one is after-market. The L.L.Bean branded knife has seen use on fish...

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments and pics everyone,
and for the catalog cut, Paul T. I'm sure it matches the knife!!

Now you've really opened a can of worms, Charlie! I'm sure Cal and Duncan will chime in soon as well! ;)

Mid 1950s Schrade Walden #148 in Stratawood
Bf6YnFj.jpg

Late 1960s Schrade Walden #147 in jigged Delrin
QP54L8j.jpg

Early 1970s Walden Uncle Henry #172UH in Staglon
lFEonXG.jpg

Mid 1970s Craftsman Heavy Skinner in Staglon
yYVMey0.jpg

Mid to late 1970s 49ers
UfAxU6p.jpg

7xCNLhh.jpg

Late 1970s #144UH in Staglon
Hk1w35D.jpg

Mid 1970s to early '80s #171UH
AJXzvLD.jpg

Mid 1990s Uncle Henry Nos. 165 and 152
IOGUqwe.jpg

Mid 1990s Ducks Unlimited 15UH
xkQ0sfS.jpg

Back-up deer hunting knife, old Schrade 160 OT, keep it in my truck toolbox, last used when a hunting buddy “forgot” his deer knife. I’m holding the knife in the bottom picture - been using it cleaning the deer of my hunting buddy “Tom Sawyer”! OH
Schrade-160-OT.jpg

A6-DFD15-E-110-D-46-C4-967-A-208-AEF36-FC1-F.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing!!! I didn't know Schrade made so many!! Nice Ones!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks Bruce, mfunnell, Navallas, OH.
Why HP2 vs. PH2, Navallas??

Last edited:
7fec0Au.jpg

Got this one after years of searching, my best friend has one and I always admired his, he recently sent me a pic of his and his is the first gen with the birdshead pommel.
WGsnpby.jpg

This one I gifted to him after I sent him this pic, he really like the look of it.
AYP1rJf.jpg
PvT5610.jpg

This PH1 is without a doubt a favorite of mine. For me it is a perfect bushcraft/hunting knife.
w5R7Q2y.jpg
ZUyxOnB.jpg

Of course the good'ol Sharpfinger, this was THE whitetail knife when I was young.

PH s
Not a fixed blade kind of guy, I appeal to you who know!! What's the story with this one??
It has a nice set of clothes!!:)
What's PH stand for?? I assume the + sign indicates Schrade's stainless!
The sheath must be of chrome-tanned leather as verdigris forms readily on the brass "guard"!!
Please assume ignorance on my folder-soaked part, and tell me anything you know, and by all means show us your Fixed-blade Schrades!!:D
View attachment 1212863 View attachment 1212864
PH stands for Pro Hunter. That is the name of that model.

Thanks Last Rodeo!! Any idea what HP1 (PH reversed?) means??

David, I think a person named Whitehorse contracted those inlays for Schrade. He did similar on folders!

There were pro hunters with that blue rope cut bone.....a grrrrrail.

The "+" does indeed indicate stainless steel.

i think "PH2" is the model number.
I have no recollection of what the model name is/was.

Amazing!!! I didn't know Schrade made so many!! Nice Ones!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks Bruce, mfunnell, Navallas, OH.
Why HP2 vs. PH2, Navallas??
This is one of Schrade's "Heritage Series" knives, and the tang is stamped accordingly. I'm only guessing, but HP2 might stand for "Heritage Pro 2".

Thanks Last Rodeo!! Any idea what HP1 (PH reversed?) means??

David, I think a person named Whitehorse contracted those inlays for Schrade. He did similar on folders!
I think his name may be Yellowhorse. I have seen photos of Yellowhorse customized Buck folders,I had no idea he had done Schrades as well. Very nice score then imo. I had seen a Yellowhorse customized Buck112 on my local craigslist for awhile,asking price was more than I make in a week:eek: It was however a beautiful knife :thumbsup:

Back