Schrade Fixed Blades!

Those sharp fingers were a staple for deer hunters when I was a kid. And the Buck 102 and 110’s. Great American knives. It sad Schrade is gone. You used to be able to buy them at K marts and almost any hardware store.
They must have sold thousands of those Sharpfingers!! I've had 3 or 4 over a lot of years, and I don't go looking for FBs!

Nice Gift Charlie
Man- I am still a fan of fixed blades - own very little now compared to back then - but I must say that ALL the knives shown has been a fabulous show- and a dangerous one as it makes me want to going shopping Fixed Blades - so cut it out guys!

ybU9lb3.jpg

fSlvV03.jpg

Geeezzz Mr. Bad has got it Bad alright!

Nice showing guys - you are simply not helping me here.
Love the early Fixed Blade Budding Knife that Charlie and Glenn have displayed.

Last edited:
This one has Jed or Ted Williams....etched on the blade.
20191017-172924.jpg

Nice one, got a picture of the etch?

Ted Williams, if you are not aware, was a famous baseball player for the Boston Red Sox. He was an avid outdoorsman, and had a huge branding contract with Sears, which put his name on just about anything "outdoor" related. Fishing gear, camping gear, you name it.

Startin' fights again, are ya Duncan!!:) They fixed ya too good in the hospital!!!:D

Lol no Not yet - well kinda :D
I just have a wee idea that Cal May have a a treasure or two to share :eek:
Its not that good yet Charlie - in fact took a bit of a step backwards- and the pain right now - whew - but that’s life. we also need to see Michael here ( old Codger )!

Lol no Not yet - well kinda :D
I just have a wee idea that Cal May have a a treasure or two to share :eek:
Its not that good yet Charlie - in fact took a bit of a step backwards- and the pain right now - whew - but that’s life. we also need to see Michael here ( old Codger )!
Sorry to hear about a setback, maybe its like when a runner takes a step back to get ready for a good sprint. Little stepback now,but good strides to follow. I thought about sending @Codger_64 a pm, after doing some research on the 171UH old threads with lots of good info from him pops up. My 171 seems to be a bit of an odd duck, carbon blade(patina),no markings or tang stamps on the blade, but "Uncle Henry" and a serial number on the guard. I can find some information about carbon steel blades, but nothing really on the lack of tang stamps. If anyone knows seems to me Codger would:thumbsup:

Back