Schrade Fixed Blades!

Another Guns&Ammo knife! It isn't a coincidence that there are so many survivors still in use today. There were two production runs made as subscription bonuses. . First production (1976-1978) totaled 30,350 pieces. Second production (1982-1984) totaled 44,979 pieces for a two production total of 75,579 pieces. And here we have examples of each production still in use with little sign of damage or wear other than well earned patina!

1977-Ad-11571592404.jpg

So it is a super rare limited edition?! :eek:
;)

Joking ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think even non knife people recognize the Sharp Finger design. They may not know who made it or what it's called but they have most likely seen one at some point in their lives.

So it is a super rare limited edition?! :eek:
;)

Joking ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think even non knife people recognize the Sharp Finger design. They may not know who made it or what it's called but they have most likely seen one at some point in their lives.
Indeed! The Sharpfinger was their all-time best selling knife!

Oh and the customer of the G&A knife was Peterson Publishing and they also did a promo for their "Hunting" magazine using the 154OT Drop Point Sharpfinger.

154H-Peterson-Hunting-Magazine1571594478.jpg

154OT-Hunting1571594686.jpg

rB9I25T
Hello everyone I am new here and wanted to share this with you and see if I could get some kind of direction on how to get it fixed it is missing the pommel and cleaned up. I found this Schrade-Walden 147 in an arroyo up in Colorado while hiking one day
thumbnail
thumbnail
https://imgur.com/rB9I25T
rB9I25T

Last edited:
rB9I25T
Hello everyone I am new here and wanted to share this with you and see if I could get some kind of direction on how to get it fixed it is missing the pommel and cleaned up. I found this Schrade-Walden 147 in an arroyo up in Colorado while hiking one day
thumbnail
thumbnail
https://imgur.com/rB9I25T
rB9I25T
Nice find! Sometimes we are better off accepting that a relic knife should just remain a relic. Such as when there are parts missing or there is excessive corrosion and the knife isn't a high value one even in better condition. In which case it is cheaper in the long run to simply buy a complete knife in better condition. And keep the relic and wonder what stories it might tell!
Rough-21571625523.jpg

Jordan's knife isn't a sharpfinger.
Somebody with drill skills could cut a round of metal to fit over the tang and drill through the sides of it and through the pin-hole in the tang.
Somebody like me could put a washer over the grip and a pin through the tang hole, like E G Waterman.
KSjg692.jpg

And it would still look like a relic.

I wouldn't clean it.

I have this in Staglon, but I can't find it.
DE9ffZe.jpg

Last edited:
OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :confused:

I kind of knew it would blow my hair back Cal when you posted some of your fine knives....,, but man-o- man.... I am picking myself up off the floor right now- WOW!
I was going to start picking out one or two for comment - but simply cannot decide! :confused:

Cal - and everyone else- thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us - we are lucky that here in Bladeforums that there are those who will share this and enlighten us!

Back