Schrade Lake & Walker - The first 1000 numbered knives with BG24 blades.

The SLW II knives had a retail price in 2000-2002, of US$40.
I think at the time, some sold for about US$35.
If you like it, in today's market, you go a good deal... Ken

Hi. I'm a bit late to this thread but wondering what my new in box SLW2, serrated edge, might be worth? Just came across it while going through things after a move. Thanks.

Hi. I'm a bit late to this thread but wondering what my new in box SLW2, serrated edge, might be worth? Just came across it while going through things after a move. Thanks.
If you can find one, I have seen them sell between $20 and $40.
You see them on ebay from time to time, asking $80 to $100.
Some of the members here, have payed $25 with postage. Ken

I recently won one for 17 on ebay. Good used condition..it was gummy and had to take apart to clean and lube..I love it..

Wow really late to this post but I can not believe the prices of these knifes. About 20 years ago I bought my first lake and walker. My dad saw it and really liked it. Well he passed a few months ago and I found out he had bought like 6 of these. Gave 3 to my brother And I got 3. One is 1 out 500 with the bigger black case still in the box with the paper work. Serial number 007. The other 2 are in the smaller blue box but like brand new.. Any help and what these might be worth? I worked at a hardware store when these came out wish I would have bought more.
Thanks Jay

Hi jay from Australia,
I would pay US$150 for a Lake & Walker SLW1 if I was looking for one.
Remember they cost US$200, 20 years ago.
You find sellers asking big money for these knives, from time to time.
However, I believe they have a hard time selling them.
I like the 007 serial number.... Ken

Hi jay from Australia,
I would pay US$150 for a Lake & Walker SLW1 if I was looking for one.
Remember they cost US$200, 20 years ago.
You find sellers asking big money for these knives, from time to time.
However, I believe they have a hard time selling them.
I like the 007 serial number.... Ken
Hey thanks for the reply did not think they cost that much back than.Yeah not really looking to sell them since they were my dads. And I like knives. Have even made some out of rail road spikes. But I saw the prices on ebay and could not believe it

i so agree on keeping the father's knives. i have two of his which i treasure, a John Primble 4987 and a George Schrade Bridgeport Conn Presto knife.

Back