Schrade LB7 No Serial Number ???

nyefmaker

Gold Member
I have two Schrade LB7's I am selling. I was asked what the serial number is ?. I looked both over thoroughly and the serial number is not present. I bought these two in 2001, so they were made prior to that. Both are USA made. I am providing a pic of the tang stamp. One side has this, while the other side is blank. I am not familiar with Schrade history. I had an older LB7 I traded to my dad for his vintage BUCK 110 and I remember it having a serial number. I did a google search and found conflicting stories as to why no serial numbers.

If anyone would know the reason, it would be my forum friends. Your help is greatly appreciated.

brown.jpg

It your LB-7 had a serial, it would be stamped into the bolster as seen below. Schrade quit using serials some time in the early to mid eighties.

2lxav50.jpg

Neither of mine have serial numbers, so mine were made from mid 80's to 2001. Thats good to know, Thanks.

It your LB-7 had a serial, it would be stamped into the bolster as seen below. Schrade quit using serials some time in the early to mid eighties.

I'm 59yrs old. I still have mine since purchased new when 13yrs old (1975) It has NO serial number, also lacks any Uncle Henry signature on the blade...It has 4 large pins. Two brass barely visible at lock end and one at blade end and one about 1.5" down back on blade end. Guessing then it's the early ones actually lacking a serial number....

I'm 59yrs old. I still have mine since purchased new when 13yrs old (1975) It has NO serial number, also lacks any Uncle Henry signature on the blade...It has 4 large pins. Two brass barely visible at lock end and one at blade end and one about 1.5" down back on blade end. Guessing then it's the early ones actually lacking a serial number....
That is an early one since they weren't introduced until 1979 in advertising and catalogs. But production records show them beginning to ship in 1977.

Found a ser number !
Serials up to 17693 were produced in 1977.

Serial numbers 17694 - 334585 were produced in 1978 when 316,892 LB7's were made.

Serial numbers 334586 - 785250 were produced in 1979 when 450,665 LB7's were made.

So your #470320 was produced in 1979.

Thanks !!! Wonder if there's wiggle room in there for the dates?.....I know it was definately wearing it in 9th grade...but that would have been 1978 ?

Thanks !!! Wonder if there's wiggle room in there for the dates?.....I know it was definately wearing it in 9th grade...but that would have been 1978 ?
Wiggle room? Those are the company's internal end of year production reports. I don't think they would underreport production of the pattern by 136,000 or more pieces. 9th grade would have been in 1978 and 1979 yes? Fall and spring semesters?

That is an early one since they weren't introduced until 1979 in advertising and catalogs. But production records show them beginning to ship in 1977.
Codger_64 Codger_64
Any chance that the "1977" in the production records is a typo, and they actually started shipping in 1967?

I know I had a 7OT in Junior High, starting 1968 or 1969, which I carried until I misplaced/lost it at work in 1976 or 1977, after I moved to Kalifornistan, for a job as a fabrication welder. I was able to buy a replacement at a Kmart, if memory serves, the next day.

My lockback was the same size as the 110's a couple friends and a few classmates carried in the same time period, and had "Saw Cut" Delrin covers, which Buck never used on the 110.
Also, my knife came with a tan (or light/medium brown) leather sheath, with "SCHRADE" stamped on the flap. The 110 came with a black leather sheath, stamped "BUCK" on the flap.

Last edited:
While going through some of my Schrade information, I found a statement, stating they were not going to serialise the Lock backs after 1980. I will try to find it and post it... Ken

While going through some of my Schrade information, I found a statement, stating they were not going to serialise the Lock backs after 1980. I will try to find it and post it... Ken
I hope you can still post it one day. I'd love to see this.

-Wouter

Back