Off Topic Schrade Ph1 Variations - How many are there?

Hi - I'm a newbie from Scotland, so bear with me. I worked in The US for a couple of months & picked up a couple of Schrade PH1s back in the 90's. When I came back here, I worked in forestry & was never without my trusty PH1, (I've now discovered it was actually a RL-2). I now have a few in my collection but wondered if there was ever a list of the different Schrade/PH1/Loveless variations? Cheers Schultz

There was/is a North American Hunting Club, an NRA, and a Heritage with burgundy Delrin. I think I saw a white unmarked Delrin once. And of course the Loveless original collaboration version. Maybe someone will chime in with more. I would expect to see a Ducks Unlimited.

The Schrade Loveless designed knives and blades, were still being made in 2003-04.
The unfinished blades are still about... Ken.
medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

Last edited:
The Schrade Loveless designed knives and blades, were still being made in 2003-04.
The unfinished blades are still about.
I have Duck knives with 2004 blade etching. The Blue Bone special order knives were being made, about 2002-2003.when. This is some of the knives I have in my collection... Ken.
medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

medium

Ken, I’m always in awe when you put up photos of your knives!!

Thank You 315, I like to show photo of the subject knives.
I often wonder why members ask questions, and never look at the answers.

Over the years, I have been lucky to always find mint items, for any of my collections.
I have a large collection of the "throw-a-way knives" Schrade made just before they closed down. Some were made and stamped "Schrade made in China".

No one has ever shown any interest in the "throw-a-way" knives" [still part of Schrade History]. However, if collectors ever start looking for these knives, I payed less then $5 or $6 for - they have already been used and thrown a way.

This unused and empty display unit, cost less than US$50 to fill.
medium

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
"I often wonder why members ask questions, and never look at the answers."
Can't you see the irony? Maybe if answers to the question raised, (as opposed to just generally ignoring it), they would look at them!
Thanks for your input to the actual question Tongueriver.

i for one read the questions and can't wait for the answers. i do appreciate all the knowledge and effort everyone puts into this forum. course Schrade Knives are the best!

Back