Schrade Schf43 Jessica X VS Bk4 VS Bk9 VS Bk21 Chopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, just when this thread was getting good, y'all had to bring it back to the original post...

I blame Derek.

I'm going just say it. Using past drama to create more drama and drive YouTube traffic? Maybe with an eye toward benefitting a friend's design and reputation? It's not cool considering the current context.

Future posts in this vein would be more appropriate in General.

That is what I was just thinking as I read.

Yeah, right? I'm not an axey guy, I have no wood burning fireplace or stove but I'm digging the info...
Recently got my first chainsaw and after reading all this I'm actually considering trying my hand at splitting some wood by hand...

I blame Derek.

I'm going just say it. Using past drama to create more drama and drive YouTube traffic? Maybe with an eye toward benefitting a friend's design and reputation? It's not cool considering the current context.

Future posts in this vein would be more appropriate in General.

Very well put...
I was really thinking all this but couldn't put it in writing appropriately without inadvertently sounding offensive or confrontational...

That's why you're the super biscuit whisperer,
and thank you from probably more than myself...

I have a schf9. Decent knife, well worth the price. I keep it in my truck to beat on. Designed by someone who understands a knife. I have a BK4 and a BK9. Designed by someone I respect more than anyone I've run across in the knife business.

I agree with you. The SCHF9 (and other SCHFs) are useful implements for their price but, unlike Becker Knives, I just don't feel the connection. Beckers, while slightly more expensive at acquisition are designed by Ethan Becker (and Fisk in re the 5) - a man who needs no introduction here; that short sentence speaks volumes for those in the know. Arguably, the Beckers are better value for the money long term, considering utility and service life. That said, if I lose an SCHF - eh; but I would be genuinely upset if I were to lose a Becker.

As for the 9 chopping better than a 4, I have seen (You Tube) and read that on the internet (must be true then) but have not noticed a dramatic difference in my own personal experience.This leads me to a point that I would like to make. Comparing chopping abilities is one thing but what about how that very same "chopping knife" performs smaller tasks like fuzz sticks or Ethan's favorite - making a tent peg? In other words, can a knife be good at big knife tasks and smaller knife tasks? I don't mean SAK category functions, but more bushcraft chores and things of that nature. In this regard, an important regard to my thinking - the BK4 really shines.

Last edited:
All of this is mute. Why this? Why that? Why didn't you compare 4 different knives from 4 DIFFERENT designers (like Becker, Schrade, ESEE, & CS)? Why did it have to be THE 3 most coveted Beckers in this class? I warned you it would go this way. Kudos on playing these guys for YouTube views. Not something I would've done.

I feel like I'm being mean. Like I shouldn't post in this thread at all, or shouldn't post this reply. Like maybe I should say "I'm sorry." But... really... I'm saying "I told you so."

All of this is mute. Why this? Why that? Why didn't you compare 4 different knives from 4 DIFFERENT designers (like Becker, Schrade, ESEE, & CS)? Why did it have to be THE 3 most coveted Beckers in this class? I warned you it would go this way. Kudos on playing these guys for YouTube views. Not something I would've done.

I feel like I'm being mean. Like I shouldn't post in this thread at all, or shouldn't post this reply. Like maybe I should say "I'm sorry." But... really... I'm saying "I told you so."

I believe you meant the point is moot, not mute. A mute point is something that shouldn't be discussed in a family friendly forum.

If anything, this thread is seriously cracking me up right now! Mute point. Moot point. Moo point. Hahaha! 😂 Man I love being a Beckerhead! Oh, and for the record, Creaky Bones? I think you'd make a RED HOT chick!

In regard to the topic at hand however, I actually would've liked to have seen a comparison of four different brands where the knives compared were each brands touted best or overall favorite BIG knife. I think that would be cool.

Yeah, I watched the video. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the SHTF43. I am keen however at seeing what other tasks these knives are put up against as personally I'm 100% certain that a Becker will come out on top. Sheeeeet, they may even take 1st 2nd and 3rd. BM, I'd like to see the other vids, I'm eager to see the rest of the comparisons..

H3ypt.gif

Engrish is hard.

Last edited:
If anything, this thread is seriously cracking me up right now! Mute point. Moot point. Moo point. Hahaha! 😂 Man I love being a Beckerhead! Oh, and for the record, Creaky Bones? I think you'd make a RED HOT chick!

In regard to the topic at hand however, I actually would've liked to have seen a comparison of four different brands where the knives compared were each brands touted best or overall favorite BIG knife. I think that would be cool.

Yeah, I watched the video. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the SHTF43. I am keen however at seeing what other tasks these knives are put up against as personally I'm 100% certain that a Becker will come out on top. Sheeeeet, they may even take 1st 2nd and 3rd. BM, I'd like to see the other vids, I'm eager to see the rest of the comparisons..

DO. NOT. GO. THERE. puhleeze!

I have participated by actively NOT watching the video. But thats only cuz I don't no how 2 oprate the yootoobs. That, and I don't really like comparison videos from anyone, really. Tell me some impressions, opinions, well-reasoned likes and dislikes....and I'll decide what works best - for me. Also, I don't really like watching youtube videos. Well, except for bigghoss' channel. Dey crack me up!

"Freakishly ginormous hands"? I'll have you know my hands are perfectly sized for my freakishly ginormous body. :)

Doc

Lol, I was actually thinking of Warrior when I typed this, but if the glove fits :)

Oh, and for the record, Creaky Bones? I think you'd make a RED HOT chick!

Thanks! I think. I've got the legs for it. Has Guyon been showing you pictures?

I don't really like comparison videos from anyone, really. Tell me some impressions, opinions, well-reasoned likes and dislikes....and I'll decide what works best - for me.

This. And I agree 100% on bigghoss's videos. Most enjoyable.

DO. NOT. GO. THERE. puhleeze!

I have participated by actively NOT watching the video. But thats only cuz I don't no how 2 oprate the yootoobs. That, and I don't really like comparison videos from anyone, really. Tell me some impressions, opinions, well-reasoned likes and dislikes....and I'll decide what works best - for me. Also, I don't really like watching youtube videos. Well, except for bigghoss' channel. Dey crack me up!

Gee... thanks, GSOM

I for one one want more pictures, video, and science facts ;) less yakking. Unless you are butchering an yak then yakkatory :)

Wow. So many opinions! That rarely happens around here.

Awww c'mon Rick. We've all been there. Some of us are still there. Don't you love how this thread has deteriorated into a conversation about how hot Creaky Bones would look in a sexy shoulder length, bright red wig with a thigh height, halter neck dress? Hang on. Wait. Did I think that or type that?

Awww c'mon Rick. We've all been there. Some of us are still there. Don't you love how this thread has deteriorated into a conversation about how hot Creaky Bones would look in a sexy shoulder length, bright red wig with a thigh height, halter neck dress? Hang on. Wait. Did I think that or type that?

Now imma hafta disinfect my screen. Don't know how I'll scrub the imagery from my brain, though. I'll be sending you the therapy bills, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back