Schrade Shadow Box Display

BrianB43

Gold Member
Close friends that know I'm obsessed with old folding knives gave me a tabletop display box for Christmas. It was a huge surprise because they do not share my enthusiasm for blades. They found the box at an Antique Market. The seller claims it is a Schrade product from the 60s. Eventually, I will mount some pieces (thinking 7OT, 8OT, LB7, UH897, and an original Buck 301) in the box. If anyone can add some info about the display case I would be appreciative.

Brian

soe73z5.jpg

fzgll0A.jpg

If the print had said SCHRADE WALDEN your display would have preceded mid-1973 and could have been quite a bit older. However, it just says SCHRADE, so it is at least as new as mid 1973. It is identical to the aforementioned older ones in every respect, so I believe that it is older than say...1980, but newer than 1972. Yours is in really nice condition and will make a great display!

Thank you. The dimensions match. Once I figure out how to pin my knives to the backing provided I will post a photo.

Cheers.

Glad to be of service. I didn't mention 1979 or 1980 previously because there was nothing available regarding '79 and the frame on the 1980 display is a smaller 13-1/4" x 21" in the flyer.

Online today I found a 1980 57OTA Easy Vendor vacuum tray in the earlier, larger frame we are discussing. This suggests the last ones were still being shipped through 1979 and into 1980.
http://collectors-of-schrades-r.us/FLYERS/1980s/pages/SC80-13.htm
YTsndsX.jpg

Back