Schrade USA - Parker Frost Preferred Series - 1978

Hi Cal, my knife set has the matching numbers, also.
I have seen them for sale often, in that plastic plaque.
However, my set came in that black case.
The case is longer than the case used for the Red Bone set.
I also have two sets of the knives, shown in thawk's post #1...Ken

They were available with an ugly plastic plaque, I believe (?). I have the full set with matching numbers, papers, boxes, etc. and they are available if anyone needs a set.

Contracted by Schrade USA for Parker-Frost

parker_set.jpg

Brown Bone Set, Muskrat, Trapper, Liner-Lock, Stockman

parker_jm.jpg

Johnny Muskrat

parker_m.jpg

Mink

parker_lb.jpg

Little Bandit

parker_b.jpg

Bison

Nice quality, carbon steel blades, also came in red and green bone. Some sets were serialized.

I just wanted to bring this back to the top just because I love the jigged bone Schrades:D

315, I'm with you! I've been fortunate enough to find the brown, green and red bone 4" stockmen from the series.

jHRRotF.jpg

MR1pu4P.jpg

o2TLIlE.jpg

oSLOQFj.jpg

0zjPzQX.jpg

Reactions: 315
Thought I would revive this whole thread. I happen to run across the original photographs this morning. Best regards to all that were participating here in 2012.
I don’t post much on BF but do read through the threads a lot…. and this particular thread piqued my interest a long time ago. Everyone’s informative posts inspired me to land some of these knives for myself (and I did just that). They really are well made with incredible bone and stag handles. I certainly was not disappointed. Perhaps they are a hidden gem considering they can still be purchased at affordable prices compared to other traditional folders experiencing unbelievably high inflation.

Ps. The story behind these knives may even be better than the knives themselves. They have their uniqueness in the pages of knife history.

I don’t post much on BF but do read through the threads a lot…. and this particular thread piqued my interest a long time ago. Everyone’s informative posts inspired me to land some of these knives for myself (and I did just that). They really are well made with incredible bone and stag handles. I certainly was not disappointed. Perhaps they are a hidden gem considering they can still be purchased at affordable prices compared to other traditional folders experiencing unbelievably high inflation.

Ps. The story behind these knives may even be better than the knives themselves. They have their uniqueness in the pages of knife history.
I’ve a old timer Schrade with a 3 line stamp
SCHRADE-WALDEN
N.Y. U.S.A.
250T

Nice set Jim, at one time I had all four as well, but have just kept the jigged bone threesome.
I think these in bone are the single best value of any 4" stockman.

Back