Photos Schrades by Herman Williams

Codger_64

I've been talking to Mr. WIlliams about this, that and another and showed my son some of his work. My son surprised me today with a HW knife. I like it!

3023oyv.jpg

5y682p.jpg

Show me yours if you have one or a dozen and share what you know about Herman?

Great! I heard somewhere that there is a bio piece or mention of him in one of the Schrade Newsletters. Anyone have a copy?

Is Mr. Williams the last actual employee of Schrade that still actively plies his trade in the knife industry since Canal Street closed? No I don’t personally have any Herman Williams knives though I’ve tried on more than a few occasions and been outbid. Maybe one day when the last kid is out of college.

Is Mr. Williams the last actual employee of Schrade that still actively plies his trade in the knife industry since Canal Street closed? No I don’t personally have any Herman Williams knives though I’ve tried on more than a few occasions and been outbid. Maybe one day when the last kid is out of college.
No. He is merely the most visible to Schradeophiles due to his continued marketing of his excellent work. And he does some knives with lower levels of embellishment which sell for unbelievably low prices.

9qhftt.jpg

i am lucky enough to have several of his beautiful work. all of the Uncle Henry Lockbacks and then several other ones as well.

Have wanted a Herman Williams knife for a long time. Watched a few on ebay, but never pulled the trigger. Have not used ebay for well over two years now. :(

My H. Williams 154UH custom arrived in a nice wooden box, but it just didn't look right to me.
16hp6ki.jpg

So I dug through my empty boxes accumulated over the years and found a 507SC box. It didn't really fit but was somewhat better. At least I had an idea for what I wanted.
34ys1dy.jpg

Then I happened across a perfect solution. A 501SC box with perfect tray and sheath but no knife for less than the cost of the like new fancy black sheath.
bi2qoo.jpg

My H. Williams 154UH custom arrived in a nice wooden box, but it just didn't look right to me.
PURDY! I have mostly used my Schrade's in the past, but now that they are collectors items, I'm not sure what to do with them any more?
I'm guessing this one will be for display only? Or will you use it?
Nice find on the box and sheath too. :thumbsup:

This one is for display only. I have multiple users of this and other patterns. So no need to use this one. Once used, it would never be new again.

This one is for display only. I have multiple users of this and other patterns. So no need to use this one. Once used, it would never be new again.
True, H. Williams new old stock. I have one of those as a user, and I like the way it feels in hand.

Yesterday I reached a long sought after milestone...my 200th Herman Williams knife. These are Herman's pictures.
Very nice. :) I see by the date on the blade that MR. Williams is still customizing Schrades?
You have 200 of his knives? WOW! :cool:

Mr. Williams surely knows how to customize knives! I have followed his work and would love to put more of his products into my Schrade Room. I was just at the Warwarsing Historical Knife Museum and there is an absolutely gorgeous display of Mr. Williams' work on display. I felt bad because I left a huge pool of drool, on the floor, in front of the display....lol

Tom

Back