1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  4. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Scimitar/machete

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Phillip Patton, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Steel: Forged 1086M, with 400 grit handrubbed finish

Hardness: 59-60 RC

Blade length: 13-7/8"

Total length: 22-7/8"

Blade thickness: 7/32"

Handle material: resin soaked black nylon wrap over white rayskin

Price: + shipping

I can take paypal, check, or MO. Please send paypal to 2000pjp at gmail dot com
    If using a check, allow 10 business days for it to clear before shipment. Please make sure knife is still available before sending payment. :)

Scabbard is not made yet. If you want one, it will be $150 more for leather, $100 for kydex.

030919-1.jpg
    030919-2.jpg
    030919-3.jpg
    030919-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. Zhuzhufd

Zhuzhufd Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Wow, this is amazing!

The Warrior likes this.
  3. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Wow, this is amazing! What he said.

4. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    That’s a neat piece!

5. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    Incredible! It was fun watching the WIP for this one.

6. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks, but this is a different piece. The process is pretty much the same though.

Dawkind likes this.
  7. clearytja

clearytja

Oct 17, 2002
    When I saw machete I expected a tool.....that is a work of art! Nicely done.

8. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Sweet can you fit two hands on the grip?

9. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    I can, and I wear size XL gloves.

Dawkind likes this.
  10. Grenock

Grenock Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Wow Phillip, this turned out great. Is this the one you showed me early on?

If this hangs around too long......

11. H0kieengineer

H0kieengineer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Kind of reminiscent of a dao. Super nice work, definitely wins the badass machete competition.

12. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks!

Nope, I started this one sometime last summer, I think. I did grind that other one down some and re-heat treated it. I might get something usable from it; we'll see.

Grenock and Dawkind like this.
  13. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Fantastic overall. I wonder, how much does it weigh?

14. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    About 1 pound 7 ounces, and the balance point is about half an inch in front of the plunge grind.

Dawkind likes this.
  15. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    How has this lasted more than 24 hours?!?!

Such a cool blade, sir.

Grenock and stjones like this.
  16. Phillip Patton

Jul 25, 2005
    Thank you! I don't know. :confused:

Grenock and stjones like this.