Scott's New Bowie

Hi Fellas. I'd like to show you a new work. This bowie, made from 1084 steel, has a 8.75" blade and a full 5" handle. The handle is comprised of stainless spacers sandwiched between black, burgundy, and red micarta spacers, a lovely piece of stag, and finished with a blackwood spacer and steel pommel. It also features my new makers mark, a D on top of an S. I think it's a graceful mark, looks good, and intend to use it on all of my knives from now on. Anyway, this knife is the very first one to bear my new mark. I hope you guys like it. And thanks for choosing me for your purchase, Scott, I know you could have chosen a whole bunch of talented guys.

Last edited:
You tease!!

:D

Okay, I post it....:D

DSCN0664_zps0aszgpmb.jpg

Chief, Scott, that's a beauty!! Great job, David, I know Scott's been in anticipation for that, and no doubt it was worth the wait! :thumbup:

That's classic, what are the spacer materials? Love the rounded butt cap. Looks great david, and congrats Scott!

A knife like that needs a thread title!

Oh, baby. That gets the drool started.

Very nice looking knife David, a job well done.:thumbup:

Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. Just mailed it out this morning, I always feel a bit sad after I mail a knife out.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. Just mailed it out this morning, I always feel a bit sad after I mail a knife out.

Condolences for your loss! ;) I bet it was hard sending this one away. Did you make a sheath for it?

Yes he is!:) And the sheath is not too shabby. :thumbup:
Thanks, although I admit I was tempted to ask Scott Hanson to make it, he's a hell'va sheathmaker. But this one is strong and well fitting, and seems to fit the knife style well.

Very nice score, Congrats!!

David that is beautiful. That handle is perfect to my eyes.

Hi Fellas. I'd like to show you a new work. This bowie, made from 1084 steel, has a 8.75" blade and a full 5" handle. The handle is comprised of stainless spacers sandwiched between black, burgundy, and red micarta spacers, a lovely piece of stag, and finished with a blackwood spacer and steel pommel. It also features my new makers mark, a D on top of an S. I think it's a graceful mark, looks good, and intend to use it on all of my knives from now on. Anyway, this knife is the very first one to bear my new mark. I hope you guys like it. And thanks for choosing me for your purchase, Scott, I know you could have chosen a whole bunch of talented guys.

Thank you David, I'm really looking forward to getting this one!

Back