screwdriver for model #: 0547RWS?

Need some help.
The screws on the handle of my buck open season folding hunter (S30V) (model #: 0547RWS) keeps popping up. Couldn't find any tool in the house to screw them back in. Can anyone advice on the right tools for this job? Hate to send it back to the factory for this minor problem.

Thank you very much!

I looked up the knife since you can’t get a picture to post, and it looks like a torx driver is needed. I would take it to a hardware store like Ace and they can point you in the correct direction!
Congratulations on 20 years!

Wow! Talk about a man of few words! 20 years and 43 posts before this thread. Basically 2 posts a year. The3 posts in this thread are your quota for this year.

Sorry can’t help with the screw driver.

Looks like a torx head screw MAYBE a T6 or T8. Like was already said, take it to the hardware store with you and while your at it get some BLUE loctite and apply it to the threads when u reassemble it to keep it from happening.

I have the LE version of the 547 and a T9 torx fits the screw head. Since your screws keep loosening up, it would probably be best to apply a drop of threadlocker before tightening.

Last edited:
If you use loc tight use purple as it will hold but not Permanently lock

Thank you guys for all the replies! I will take it to a hardware store this weekend to find the right tool.
I will try to talk more in the next 20 years. :)

I just checked mine. The pivot is a T10 Torx Bit and the handles are a T8... I think the purple loctite is going to be to light, the blue would be a better choice. I think green would be the best but it's kinda hard to come by in small quantities....

P.S. By average you've already talked more now than you have in 20 years....:D:D:D

I just checked mine. The pivot is a T10 Torx Bit and the handles are a T8... I think the purple loctite is going to be to light, the blue would be a better choice. I think green would be the best but it's kinda hard to come by in small quantities....

P.S. By average you've already talked more now than you have in 20 years....:D:D:D

Thank you so much for going the extra miles for me! I ordered a set of Torx drives from Amazon, will arrive tomorrow. Thanks again for the great help!

Back