SDS Steels

S30V is a steel I have not used yet. Most of the knives I make are D2, 154CM, or 1084. I've used a few other steels but those are the ones I have the most experience heat treating and I'm happy with the results I've gotten.

SDS

S30V is a steel I have not used yet. Most of the knives I make are D2, 154CM, or 1084. I've used a few other steels but those are the ones I have the most experience heat treating and I'm happy with the results I've gotten.

SDS

That's cool. Like I said in the other thread... when I get up some extra cash we'll build one from the ground up. How much does it usually cost for a custom from you anyway? I guess it depends on the style & all the options huh?

It really does depend on the final design and materials. Right now my prices run from about $135 for a basic skinning knife on up. A large bowie with a fancy frontier style sheath and more expensive handle material would be substantially more but it just all depends.

I know that isn't a really good answer but it's much easier to give prices on a knife by knife basis.

SDS

It really does depend on the final design and materials. Right now my prices run from about $135 for a basic skinning knife on up. A large bowie with a fancy frontier style sheath and more expensive handle material would be substantially more but it just all depends.

I know that isn't a really good answer but it's much easier to give prices on a knife by knife basis.

SDS

I'd be interested in something like a Bark River Bravo 1 style. I usually stay with small to medium size bushcraft knives. I'd just like to add all the little personal touches I talked about earlier. I looked at your MUK knives & I must say I'd be interested in one of those too! Great looking blades!

When your ready shoot me an email and we'll nail down all the specifics. I bet we can come up with something you'll be happy with.

SDS

Back