Seattle/Western Washington Knife Knuts?

It seems as though the number of Seattle/Western Washington members is growing. I know that other area forumites have been planing or have had get togethers. So would anyone be interested in getting together for a Seattle/Western Washington gathering of BFC knife knuts?

Post here or email me!

~Mitch

I'll post here AND e-mail ya' Mitch. Howz that?

I'm down here toward Long Beach, so if ya want to do lunch sometime, I suggest Olympia. O'Blarneys Pub is good.

C-YA

Here's an even better idea. The Northwest Knife Collectors show is coming up in Tacoma on June 24th and 25th. That's as good a place as any for Washington knife knuts to hook up and say hello.

Anybody else from the great Northwest going to that show?

I'd like to throw my name into the Western Wa Knife Knuts ring. I didn't know about that show, but I'll try to make it (I'm in the Puyallup area). No guarantees, though, since my wife is due to have a baby June 28th. I don't think she would excuse me for a knife show...

-Scott

Wow, that show must have some sort of Baby Curse. MY kid was born LAST June 28th! Meaning 1st birthday party duty for daddy.

But I'll schedule that party accordingly.
wink.gif

Maybe,

Our first kid was born last April 27th, so she just had her first birthday.

A funny thing seems to be happening in my house now (besides having babies!). I buy my wife a pair of earrings, say, hide them in the closet for whatever special occasion, and they mysteriously transform into a knife! I have also heard of them turning into such things as guns and holsters, but usually only in homes where knife, gun and holsters fanatics live!
biggrin.gif

-Scott

Aaaahhh yes, interesting and common phenomenon, that one.

Did you also notice that if you leave two rifles too close together in the gun rack, they will mate and spawn offspring? I think I'm gonna have to build those two an addition if this keeps up.

I'll probably end up going to the knife show in Tacoma, I think there's a gun show in Puyallup coming up at some point that I'm going to as well...

The Tacoma idea sounds like a good one. Does anyone have more specific info, such as where exactly in Tacoma?

It's held at Freighthouse Square, which is behind the Tacoma Dome. Don't quote me, but I believe that it is at the corner of 25th and East 'D' street. I don't have a phone number for there, but I'll try to get one.

Anybody else have any more details?

Gee, I'm feeling like the brother no-one talks about..... Yakima is in WA as well! Though not as available as Ellensburg for gas stops while 'en route to Spokane we do have some great Wineries and at least one knife knut that I know quite personally. I'll be sure to wear my BEER hat and '!U kcuF' T-shirt so you guys won't be embarassed! ;-) On a more serious note, I would like to know more about any goings on. Sounds like fun!
Shawn

------------------
I know I can't hold the hate inside my mind
'Cause what consumes your thoughts controls your life
So I'll just ask a question
What if?

What if your words could be judged like a crime?
-CREED ('What if')

Come on, Shawn. That wasn't THAT funny.

Hey, I got a question for you though. The River Riders have a white water raft trip on the Tieton River. Says that the trips run in September.

The run says it goes from Rimrock lake to Windy Point. Do you by any chance know where the hell this is?

Velitrius,
I thought it was perfectly timed and executed!

I just moved here from CO three years ago and know the Yakima/Lower Valley well but the other places are a bit foggy. However, I think that Rimrock Lake is just this side of White Pass ski area if you know where that is. On the highway that joins White Pass and Tacoma I think it is. There is a spillway just this side (Yakima side) of the Lake and I think Windy Point is the name of one of the Campgrounds further down the highway towards Yakima/Naches. If you need specifics let me know and I can get them.

Later,
Shawn

Might have to grab a bunch of us and do that raft trip. It's a 4 hour trip, in at 9 in the morning, out just after lunch. The raft outfit gives a barbecue lunch at the end.

Now I ain't sayin' that rubber rafts and knife knuts are a real good combo, but that's as good a reason as any to head over Yakima way, eh?

I will most likely be at the Tacoma show to browse and check out any of the newer blades. Perhaps I'll see you knifenuts there.

MicroFanatic,
I'm planning on being there as well. I think that would be a cool place for everyone to meet. Anyone else?
Shawn

Okay, The Tacoma show sounds like a good place to hook up.

Any thoughts on which day?

I don't even know the dates for the show. Saturday would be best if it is an option cause I work Fridays till around 3 but I could probably arrange to be off at 12 if everyone decides on that day. Who's closest to Tacoma? They can check locally for dates and specific address/times then everyone can post their preference from there. Sound fair? I'm 2+ hours away, anyone closer than that?
Shawn

Back