Seattle/Western Washington Knife Knuts?

Well, Tazz10m and I (and his "friend", Becky) spent a few hours walking around the Tacoma Knife-Show today (from about 1:00-3:00, and 4:30-closing), and I (we) didn't get a chance to meet and talk with anyother "Members" of "BladeForums"!
frown.gif

I thought some of us were planing on a "get-together" today?...
confused.gif

Oh well, at least I picked-up a couple of Stainless Spyderco's...An "Endura II", and a "Native".
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

I was there too....... Came in and out a few times but never saw anyone by their descriptions...... Small show so I wonder if some people came in and took everything in then got out....... I was there with my family from close to 2 (cause I got lost as Hell!) and left a bit after 4...... Hung out in the Whistle Stop bar for a bit though we had our kids so had to stay in the 'restaurant' side but I checked out the bar every so often...... Did a final check on the knife show just about 4:15 and there were no messages or other people looking and didn't see anyone from their descriptions. Was kind of a bummer! Got a Sharpmaker and had my knife sharpened then came home and made it SCARY SHARP! We'll have to do it up with better plans next time. Sorry I missed everyone. Had a trunk full of beer from Yakima (Grants) for gifts and a bunch o knives to wheel and deal on! Back to the Flea Market for me! Sorry guys..... Need to do it better next time.
Shawn

Sorry to hear no one was able to meet up. Since the weather's been so nice in Seattle over the past little while, I've been spending a lot of time on my bike.

Maybe we can all meet up some time later. There's always the Contemporary Metal Werks Expo in Bellevue (I assume they have it every year). Anyway, I hope to meet you guys some time.

~Mitch

Emanym Ton,

Ha,Ha,Ha...Damn, I think I was standing RIGHT next to you when you bought that sharpener.
smile.gif
. Was it a Spyderco? (about $50?), and did you buy it from a skinny guy wearing a blue shirt, who was located near the far corner?

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

D'oh. I was there on Saturday, but left at around 1:00 because I needed to go table-dance at one of the bars around the corner.
rolleyes.gif

Nah, actually the guys I was with wanted to go see "Chicken Run". Oh well.

Glockman99,
That was it...... Musta been me! I think the guy only had one! Thought I was only gonna lose $5 or so cause of the shipping then come back to find out 1sks put them on wicked sale...... DOH! That is too funny! Yeah, next time we'll need a more solid plan. What's this 'Steel' show about? Knives or art? Might be good if it is knives. (Still laughing!)
Shawn

CMWE (Contemporary Metal Werks Expo) IS a knife show. I went last year and it was my first and only knife show I've attended. I got to meet Chris Reeve (before I knew what a Sebenza was), Bob Lum, Jess Horn, Paul Fox, and a bunch of other great knifemakers. It was around November and it was held in Bellevue. I can only assume they will have it again this year.

Hope to meet some of you guys one of these days.:)

~Mitch

Originally posted by scott475:
I'd like to throw my name into the Western Wa Knife Knuts ring. I didn't know about that show, but I'll try to make it (I'm in the Puyallup area). No guarantees, though, since my wife is due to have a baby June 28th. I don't think she would excuse me for a knife show...

-Scott

Remember when I said that? Guess what happened Friday night before the show? So I spent the weekend recover... I mean helping my wife and new baby recover, so I couldn't make the show. I definitely plan on going to the show in Bellevue...

-Scott

Scott,
What? No cigars?
wink.gif
CONGRATULATIONS Dad! That is awesome! Don't leave us hangin' though........ Girl, Boy, everyone doing fine? How's Mom feeling.

Best to you and your family!
Shawn

Ummmm...the stogies are in the mail
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I was really tired when I posted last, but I still can't believe I forgot the details.

#2 child is a boy, weighing a good 9lbs 3oz and measuring 22 inches, delivered by a mom that is 5-3 on a good day, so it was a hard delivery, especially since he keep trying to come out ear first! But they are both doing pretty good now. Thanks for the kind words

-Scott

Glad to hear it Scott. Im my opinion, that is one of the few events to choose over a knife show. Congratulations, e-mail the cubans out soon.
smile.gif

The one in Bellevue sounds cool. Let's start digging up some info on it eh?

The Metal Works Expo is a great show! It features many top name knife makers especially from the east coast. Last year was great, however, the number of makers was not as prevelent due to a bigger knife show taking place around the same time. The show in 1998 was the one to not have missed. It was jam packed with famous makers from around the country. That was the first time I met Michael Walker and actually held one of his knives (cost: $20,000.00)!!!!! It was incredible. Also, many autos were displayed there as well. Last years show was interrupted by the local police due to them hearing about possible displayment of illegal knives. Many of the cusotm autos that the makers brought with them were put away out of sight to prevent any possible seizures. This years show is supposed to be another goodie because it does not conflict with any other shows around that time. So, there should be a great number of makers.
Oh, the show took place, I believe, at the Double Tree Hotel in Bellevue...not far from the Bellevue Square Mall.

[This message has been edited by MicroFanatic (edited 07-01-2000).]

Hey All,

According to the September issue of Tactical Knives, the show is going to be held in Portland on Aug 25-27 at the Portland Hilton. If work allows, I think I will still try to go. The contact number for the show is (417) 335-2170. No contact name was listed. Maybe they moved it because of the automatic knives, since they are legal down there.

By the way, my new son helped me type this...

-Scott

Cool! Sounds great! Now, how can we make sure the next show allows us to get together? How many people are interested in going? Maybe ROAD TRIP? I have a mini-van that'll hold 7 and wouldn't mind meeting whoever in Seattle or anywhere else on I-5 from Seattle South and driving the rest of the way then back. If family comes I could take 3/4 more cause the kids are relatively small. If I can find a place for the kids to hang out that leaves room for 5/6 as the wife will likely want to come though if she decides to bag it then 6/7 people........ That was a mouthful.? Anyway, let's start this process over again. Who is closest to Portland? Scott? You can keep the details coming then we just have to organize the meeting spot. I'm still game. What does everyone else think? Should we start a new thread?
Shawn

Back