Sebenza 21 deep carry clip

birdmayon

Gold Member
Just received my first CRK in the mail this morning, a small 21, absolutely gorgeous knife! I am a big fan of deep carry, (which is almost a shame because this stock clip is great, except it’s not deep carry....). I am eying the Lynch and MXG clips. I like the looks of the Lynch, beautifully executed and looks like it came on the knife. Just wondering if anyone has used both and if there are any advantages of one over the other. Of course this question is open to any of the sebenza owners, but I’m also looking for feedback from the 21 owners on whether either clip effected lockbar pressure on the blade, based on your perceptions.
Thanks for your help!

And, do either of these deep carry clips significantly compromise hand comfort when gripping the knife? Stock clip is pretty damned comfortable.

Just take the clip off and install an insert. I haven't used a clip on a large or small in several years. A large is actually very comfortable in a jeans or shorts pocket.
upload_2021-3-17_12-59-47.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-17_12-52-5.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-17_12-52-5.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
MXGs seem so cheap to me I wouldn't put one on a Sebenza. Lunch NW are great but will be rough on your pocket. Hawk are great although not as deep carry. Millit is another good one.

MXGs seem so cheap to me I wouldn't put one on a Sebenza. Lunch NW are great but will be rough on your pocket. Hawk are great although not as deep carry. Millit is another good one.

XL, I’m having the same issue with the MXG. I’ve read that their products are great quality but they just don’t seem fit for a sebenza.

I don't have the MXG, but I was able to get my hands on a Lynch 2nd hand. From my personal experience, they do look "OEM." It has greater retention VS stock, and do feel more comfortable in hand. Your mileage may vary. I use to EDC a small Inkosi inlay and have since switched to a Zaan. On the small inkosi, the Lynch fits perfect for hand position vs opening. On the Zaan, it shifts my hand position too much to try to open the knife. For reference, I wear a M size glove.

I have an MXG on a large Inkosi, and like it fine. Aside from the color not really matching. , I don't see what looks cheap about it?

I have an MXG on a large Inkosi, and like it fine. Aside from the color not really matching. , I don't see what looks cheap about it?
Bart1, I don’t think the MXG’s are bad looking, but they look like pretty thin stock, the finish doesn’t match so they look a touch out of place, and there’s too much going on with the two screws under the clip. That is what catches my attention. Makes them look a touch cheap. That said, aside from having a matching finish, the stock clips look cheap to me too. Work well, but don’t look great. The Lynch clips look great to me, although a bit chunky especially for the small sebenza. I decided to give Lynch a try, I’ve got a used one inbound. Also waiting on a MXG for my ZT 0450 so at least I can get a better idea of the quality.

Thanks all for the inputs.

I have had both and love the Lynch clips and the way they look with the knife. But for my use and wearing jeans most of the time I found the Lynch clips bent and stuck out from the knife some, therefore causing a space between the knife and clip causing a click sound. The MXG is thinner and holds just fine for me. The extra spring on the MXG is what sold me.

Seems like really about as stiff as a stock CRK clip ,, Works fine for me.. I do like the stock clip as well.IMG_4235.jpg

Bart, that is pretty decent looking. I may pick up a small inkosi too, and if I do I may give the MXG a shot on that one.

Got my Lynch clip yesterday, I’d post pics but can’t. I haven’t really done any real work with it yet but I’ve got some observations. I love the fit and finish, and the looks. It’s a tad chunky on a small sebenza but still looks great. I think it’d look fantastic on a large sebenza. Where I’ve got a problem with it, is the groove where the clip meets the lockbar on the scale is further toward the butt of the knife on the Lynch. So when I hold the knife using a natural hand position, the upturned tip of the clip bites into the base of my finger. I can loosen that portion of my hand or position my fingers back a bit to alleviate that but it is not ideal. I do like the deep functionality of the clip as well as the holding power. Since this is my EDC, which will get used for light duty every day cutting tasks, I’m not concerned about the comfort and the functionality and looks of the clip outweigh the negatives. I would not, however, put this clip on a knife used for heavy cutting tasks. I will be picking up a large sebenza (changed my mind from the small) as a weekend warrior, and will either go with the MXG or stick with the stock clip and forego the deep carry so that I can maintain good hand comfort for the bigger cutting tasks I’ll use it for. Anyway, just wanted to share my feedback, the comfort on the Lynch is pretty disappointing.

Back