Sebenza 25 diminishing the value and collectibility of older knives

I believe its more likely CRK continues to condense parts manufacturing between models. This includes pivots, pocket clips, screws etc.

I suspect this is totally correct. It seems the 25 and 'Zaan use the same blade/handle stock and pivot (besides the 10 cent washers). They also use the same clip, despite the hot spot issue that many people mention on the 25.

I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughtful responses; both those who agree and disagree with my projections. There are two interesting points I've seen mentioned numerous times:

1. The assumption CRK will not discontinue the 21.
2. CRK will return to the bushing system. (We've already named it the 28, lol)

Both of these points puzzle me. The first because every generation of Sebenza has eventually replaced the last. The second point, I believe is wishful thinking. CRK has shown no indications it intends to come out with a next generation of Sebenza that returns to the bushing. I believe its more likely CRK continues to condense parts manufacturing between models. This includes pivots, pocket clips, screws etc.

I don't think he's shown any indication that he won't keep the bushing system going forward. He currently still manufactures knives with the bushing so what leads you to be certain that it's going away? These posts are teetering on the edge of sounding a bit like trolling. Not saying you are, it just might be the context you're using. Use a little more what if instead of assumptions that are cast as definite.

This thread is less than an interesting conversation, but. My C 2012 Lrg 21 has a bushing. Dont the new 21s have as well. Sorry for typing one handed aftr surgery.

Last edited:
I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughtful responses; both those who agree and disagree with my projections. There are two interesting points I've seen mentioned numerous times:

Both of these points puzzle me. The first because every generation of Sebenza has eventually replaced the last. The second point, I believe is wishful thinking. CRK has shown no indications it intends to come out with a next generation of Sebenza that returns to the bushing. I believe its more likely CRK continues to condense parts manufacturing between models. This includes pivots, pocket clips, screws etc.

Classic MM did not replace the Regular nor did the 21 IMHO- they were both sold along side each other until he needed to make room for a completely new design
While there is nothing to guarantee he would not discontinue the 21 there is also nothing to say he would not continue it in some form. The Sebenza with it's legendary bushing made CRK, I just find it unlikely that Chris would suddenly just throw the whole design in the trash. Only Chris knows what Chris would or would not actually do.
They don't need to return to the bushing system, it still exists in the 21.

Last edited:

Agree with your last paragraph - but I guess I don't think the evidence suggests that 21s/Classics/earlier Sebenzas will decline. Either way, we'll see.

The next question is: what will happen with the small Sebenza 21? AFAIK, it hasn't been discussed as a to-be-discontinued knife. (?)

I am new to knives and as with many people new to knives they don't have a stake in what CRK should be or shouldn't be. I love the Umnumzaan and the 25 and have had several 21's that I end up selling. If you love the pivot bushing and fear it is gone forever and there are many who love the bushing wouldn't that guarantee value in the future. I also wonder how anyone outside of the company can know what the majority of customer requests might be. In my experience there is usually a silent majority that drives a company to produce and sell a product. The people that are unhappy tend to tell everyone they meet that they are unhappy and they may seem like a larger percent then they are.
Thanks

You dragged up a 6 yr old thread, the basis of which long since having been shown to be inaccurate, and don't even make a post that you feel is relevant? As a 10 yr participant, you should know better.

You dragged up a 6 yr old thread, the basis of which long since having been shown to be inaccurate, and don't even make a post that you feel is relevant? As a 10 yr participant, you should know better.
Yes I did bring it up. And I appreciate your “thoughts” about my post In this thread. Thank you.

“Hey nowwwww!” It helped me kill 10 minutes. Some of the predictions played out. And some made by members contributing to this day.

I thought it was super interesting to see how the present of CRK plays out against our "guesses" of the past! Yeah enough tearing down History... those who forget it, are sure to repeat it... It's not all good, but it's all there....

Back