Sebenza 25 Micarta

A wider one piece wood would look great, but this just looks awful. Leave the great in hand and warm up to the looks later to Spyderco.

I have grown to really like the 25. I would love some inlay options and some CGG/UG. After seeing this micarta, it will be plain for me forever as I have to say it just looks plain awful. I PRAY Chris will come up with something different and does not make this the end all for the 25 inlay wise............crossing fingers.

Interesting design..Micarta is my favorite inlay. Pure utilitarian when it's applied generously IMHO.
It's grippy and interesting to look at.
This version doesn't really fit the above description to me.

I almost hate to say this, but the look of the micarta inlays are growing on me...

Been a good while since I looked at it. Now, looking at it "freshly", it to me is still ugly.

Same here. Thought I'd give it another chance with fresh eyes. It's just so bad and so out of place in a lineup where every other sebenza model has been sickeningly gorgeous. I just don't understand. To everyone saying it should be functional, I agree, but that doesn't preclude it being aesthetically pleasing. My small insingo micarta is my most used EDC. It's versatility is amazing. And yet it is also one of my favorite knives to look at. I really hope this design changes, if not for the micarta, then at least for the natural inlays. I'm begging you Chris and everyone at CRK, please use the one piece inlay similar to the annuals on the wood 25s.

Not a step in the right direction at all IMO.
My LG 21 micarta insingo will keep me satisfied anyway.

I don't have a clue how you can say that? :confused:

Well I could write an essay on the lockbar inlay on a 21, but I'll save you all the hour or so. I love the fact CRK puts an inlay on the lockbar side. Very few makers give the lockbar slab any decoration. The have 'the presentation side' and the other is all business. I am totally impressed with the great design of the lockbar slab, so I guess I agree with Officer's Match.

I don't have a clue how you can say that? :confused:

Presentation side is beautiful, flip it over and you go polished to bead blast just like BAM. To me, it's awful. It's why I have a micarta (all bead blast) and way worse than the 25.

CRKSEB21SWa.jpg

Wtf?!

Presentation side is beautiful, flip it over and you go polished to bead blast just like BAM. To me, it's awful. It's why I have a micarta (all bead blast) and way worse than the 25.

CRKSEB21SWa.jpg

Wtf?!

I agree with this 100%. I would rather it all be bead blasted.

Looks beautiful to my eyes, and clearly functional. Wouldn't be hard at all to polish the rest out if you prefer.

CRKSEB21SWa.jpg

Wtf?!

It would look much better if they bothered to polish the pocket clip. Even if you think it's reasonable not to hit the lock bar with a hand-held polisher, I find it hard to justify leaving the clip like that.

I quite like the contrast of the polished vs blasted.

I'm sure the reason why they don't bother polishing the clip is time. They don't have it and there are probably more than a few people who are not willing to pay for it.

I quite like the contrast of the polished vs blasted.

I'm sure the reason why they don't bother polishing the clip is time. They don't have it and there are probably more than a few people who are not willing to pay for it.

They polish the slab by hand on a flat sanding table, after they have bent the lockbar, as you can see it the old factory tour vid. It also helps it grip your pants. I think it a combination of factors that arrives us at it left blasted. This photo exaggerates the contrast in colours. It's not something I notice typically.....I actually like it.

In the hand or on your pants? In the latter case, polishing the outside of the clip isn't going to do anything to diminish the grip. In the former, I'd argue this isn't a fully utilitarian design and any marginal decrease in grip is justified by the substantially improved aesthetics.

Back