Sebenza 25 Micarta

In the hand or on your pants? In the latter case, polishing the outside of the clip isn't going to do anything to diminish the grip. In the former, I'd argue this isn't a fully utilitarian design and any marginal decrease in grip is justified by the substantially improved aesthetics.

+1

If I REALLY wanted one, I would have to get the lockbar polished, and the outside of the clip done. It wouldn't be possible to match the factory polish, then it would still drive me nuts for being inconsistent. Therefore I just skip it! The argument about grip is hard to make when the side your finger tips are on is all polished ti and smooth wood. I think it would be fair to say the polished surface w/ wood/ivory is for looks, not function.

They polish the slab by hand on a flat sanding table, after they have bent the lockbar, as you can see it the old factory tour vid. It also helps it grip your pants. I think it a combination of factors that arrives us at it left blasted. This photo exaggerates the contrast in colours. It's not something I notice typically.....I actually like it.

Yeah, I like the the contrast as well.

I'm all for a sebenza 25 with micarta inlays, but looking like that I would pass indefinitely even at a lower price point.

Back